《16》Dim Promise

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

(I'm sorry for the late update. I've recently started college so it's been hard to balance schoolwork and my ffs. I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

"I think...Gojo has a girlfriend..."

Shoko Ieri, a Jujutsu Doctor, peers over at her coworker, Kiyotaka Ijichi, slumped with a cloud over his head. He always wore such a grim expression, especially when it involved a certain Six Eye Sorcerer. But how could she blame the poor man? Gojo was just a handful, and with whatever chaos he stirred up, Ichiji ends up taking the fault for not supervising him.

"A girlfriend?" Shoko rephrases, lighting up her cigarette. Ichiji nods, letting out a sigh as if recalling the scenario.

"He's constantly on a call with a strange smile on his face! I've never seen him in such a way," The man shivers, rubbing his arms to comfort himself from whatever he was imagining, "Honestly it is terrifying!"

'Ah...he must be talking about Andō...' Shoko lets out a puff of smoke as Ichiji mellows in his own thoughts.

She was aware of the sorcerer's existence, especially after Gojo wouldn't shut up about her. Often bombarding her with sneaked pictures of Haru. Shoko had to admit that it was a little creepy that he had so many pictures of her.

'I can't blame him for thinking so...' Shoko muses, 'He acts like some obsessive boyfriend...'

Shoko even felt pity for Haru for having to deal with such a troublesome guy. Especially after he denied his own emotions previously.

_________________

Shoko was inside her office, finishing up with the remaining paperwork of the day when Gojo made his appearance out of the blue. He uttered no word, his jaw visibly clenched as he fiddled with his thumbs.

Shoko eyes his sudden uneasiness, making the air in the room tense. 

'Something is bothering him,' She muses, shuffling through the pages. She knew she was in for a long rant of his behalf, and quickly finished up her work for the day. Shoko eyes her pack of cigarettes, figuring that it was ideal for her smoke break. 

"What happened?" She flicks the lighter, hovering towards the tip of the cigarette. She inhales the nicotine, feeling relaxed.

Gojo was surprisingly quiet for the first few seconds as if collecting his thoughts. He leans forward, binding his hands together with a blank expression.

"I feel...irritated," Gojo began, "Something was troubling Haruka but she refuses to tell me what exactly,"

His hands grip when he recalls this, his irritation seemingly growing. Shoko could sense his irritation with the way the room became rather cold. 

"I made it clear to her that I can handle everything...does she not trust me? Why do I feel so irritated?" He mutters, mellowing in his own thoughts, unaware of Shoko's surprised expression.