༆Pet A༄

✰✰✰

"You look a little too... ecstatic, Miss Makima."

Aki mumbled, adjusting his hold on the tall girl behind him as her head hung loosely on his shoulder.

The girl had fell asleep after having a breakdown until Makima took action and put her to sleep.

"Is that so?"

Makima replied with a smile, glancing at the sleeping girl.

"I guess I am in a pretty great mood."

"...she's pretty strong. She almost swallowed you up, literally."

"Hm, she is quite strong. Have you heared of the [Lastname] clan?"

"The one that held traditional family sacrifices to gain the power of a devil?"

"Yes. It's been a tradition to them to sacrifice the first born child and perform a ritual of some sort for them to be able to receive secure protection from a certain devil. A very powerful one at that."

"That's all there is to it?"

The male asked, re-adjusting the girl on his back and holding her by her thighs.

"No, there's more to their family. The sacrificed children becomes the meal of the demon, and as a result, it let's them borrow it's mystical powers of some sort, special abilities or whatever you want to call it."

"Mystical powers..."

"Yes, it is slightly different from the usual abilities of our devil hunters, extraordinary, even."

The two of them came to a halt in front of a tall building as Makima gave a curt nod to the guard.

"And thus, that made the [Lastname] a clan full of devil-hunters. They've been at service for decades now, and most of them are working and have worked for me. I gotta say, they aren't bad at all. They're talented, but not talented enough."

"And may I ask why this girl is sold off to you by her own sister?"

"Well, "sold-off" is a little bit of a harsh word, don't you think Aki?"

Makima glanced back with a small empty grin, her eyes burning into the male's cold blue ones as Aki gulped nervously.

"I'd like to think of it more as a... second chance. That's right, a second chance for her to live a much more interesting life. Her family and I had a deal, and they must abide to it no matter what, as long as I am alive."