༆Goodbye to a friend༄

✰✰✰

"I see... I understand, I'll be on my way now."

Ending the call, Makima sighed and slid her newly bought coat on.

She just got a call of the current situation with the ambushers and modt importantly, all of the divisions that were attacked.

She wasn't too worried, knowing that she eliminated most of th threats. What she's concerned with is the well-being of her pet.

On the corner of her eyes, she spotted a familiar figure with their clothes splattered with blood, as if they were shot and bleeding.

"Good to see that you're still in one piece, Madoka. How many are still alive in the special division?"

Madoka stared at her blankly through his cracked glasses before he responded.

"The 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th were all involved in the shootings. Other than non-humans, almost everyone died."

"An assault with guns directed just at the special divisions... it's probably related to the gun devil."

Makima claimed, a calm expression on her ever-so-dull face.

It didn't seem like she was that affected with the death of her comrades, that is if she even considered them as one.

"Direct orders from the higher ups were given to merge the 1st and 2nd divisions into the 4th to compensate for the lack of manpower. And public safety's anti-devil special fourth division is to be placed under your command."

The man with glasses reported with dull eyes, clearly disinterested as he wished that he's never there in the first place.

He doesn't even feel anything anymore, after all the madness and the death of his comrades, he wants to cut every ties he has with the bureau and forget everything.

And this is his last chance to do so.

Makima doesn't seem to react to the sudden news, as she stared at the male with the same eerie, empty smile of hers.

(this btch creeps me out most of the time tbh-)

"And also, this."

Having enough of her stare, Madoka raised a small letter and handed it to Makima, who looked at it curiously.

"What?"