༆Don't die༄

✰✰✰

"Don't die, Aki."

It felt as if though it was only yesterday since Aki heard that come out of Himeno's lips.

He had never thought of a single sentence more than this one, yet he can't understand what's the meaning behind it.

Was it because she cares for him? That's the reason, right?

Or is she just pitying him because of his situation? Hunting down a devil after loosing his family to it.

Does she think he's weak? That's why she's telling him that.

Or is it just something that she says to every single one of her buddies because it's "annoying" to lose them?

Whatever it is, he doesn't know.

And he didn't do anything to find out either.

Standing infront one of the thousand graves, a younger Himeno stared at a young teen with raven hair with her tired eye, her right eye covered in some bandages like her arms.

Her dark hair is a little bit longer than how it really is, and a blank frown is on her face.

'A new one...'

She had just lost her previous partner, but she didn't cry, she didn't even blink when she saw her partner get killed right before her eyes.

"Himeno, he's your new buddy."

The old devil hunter that accompanied the young teen said, informing Himeno of what she's already aware of.

"I'm Aki. Looking forward to it."

The male mumbled in a hushed, motone voice. Not meeting eyes with the older girl infront of him.

Himeno stared at Aki silently before looking away from him and letting herself get lost in her thoughts.

After staring at the gloomy grave for quite a while, Himeno suddenly spoke.

"Are you usable?"

She muttered, no life present in her voice as Aki shifted on his spot.

"Maybe, who knows...."

Aki mumbled once again, averting his eyes elsewhere.

"You'll be my sixth buddy. Every other one has died. They were all trash, that's why they're dead."

'Realistically, they are trash...'

Aki was silent, he couldn't say anything to the girl infront of him.

He doesn't know what to say, hell, he doesn't even want to say anything.

"Don't die, Aki."

Himeno whispered, leaving Aki to stare at her with an unfamiliar feelings in his eyes.

What even is this feeling? Sadness? Despair? Emptiness? Desperation?

He doesn't know, and he prefers to stay that way.

✰✰✰