chapter 2

🍁🍁🍁🍁

"The scores are equal now.So both teams have one last chance to win the trophy for their schools.The last question is,,What is the third highest civilian award in India?"

Divyani looked at him who nodded in assurance.She knew Urvil was intelligent enough to give the right answer,but his opponent was no less.

"Relax baccha.You are taking too much tension.I know my son.He is definitely going to win."Abhimanyu,who was sitting beside her and his daughter Nakshatra in the audience,tried to calm her down.She was continusly biting nails in nervousness.Well,some bad habit never dies.

"Uncle.I can't help myself when it comes to him.Don't you see how tricky that question is?Everyone is aware of the first civilian award.But very few knows the third."

"Divyani di,I don't even know the first.Shame on me."Abhimanyu smiled seeing his daughter's sulking face.

"I only know first and second.You...."Divyani was cut off by the host's voice..."Birla World Academy.First you."

"It's Padma Shri."the boy confidently said.The host shook his head in disappointment and looked at Urvil.

"The answer is Padma Bhushan."

"Absolutely right.Congratulations..Delhi Public School won the quiz competition."The announcement drove the girls crazy.While Nakshatra started screaming,Divyani stood up from her chair and clapped like she herself had won the competition.

"Girls,calm down."

"No pappa.I want to take photos of bhaiyya.Give me your phone."she held out her hand.

"OK OK,I will.But first sit down and let me tell you about the civilian awards.Every Indians should know this."

"There are 4 civilian awards.Am I right uncle?"he nodded as Divyani spoke.."Yes...Bharat Ratna is first degree of honour,second Padma Vibhushan,third Padma Bhushan and fourth Padma Shri.These awards are conferred to the people with outstanding achievements in their field of work.On Republic Day these are presented to them by the President of India."

They listened attentively.At the end Nakshatra pulled out her father's mobile and captured the moments when Urvil held the trophy with a satisfied smile.

"Send me those photos in what's app."Divyani insisted,her gaze fixed at her bestfriend.

"I know di.Don't worry."

As he descended downstairs after handling the trophy to his principal,his moved automatically moved towards them.Both girls ran to him.

"Bhaiyya.You are genius."Nakshatra grinned,making him chuckle.

"Thanks meri behena(my sister)."he chuckled in response,then looked at his best friend.

"Oyeee..congrats.I am so happy."she giggled and gave him a hug which he resiprocated..."Me too.And I am happy that you bunked your class for me."he mumbled in her ear.

"No problem.Let's celebrate today in the afternoon.What say?"

"Sure.At our usual place.OK."As they parted away,he walked to his father.."Dad.I made it."

"Yesss..I am proud of you,my little boy."Abhimanyu laughed holding his shoulder when he bent down to take his blessings.."Areee.What are you doing?Come..give me a hug."

"Dad,Just 3-4 inches and my height will be same as yours.Then we will see who is little boy?"he dramatically rolled his eyes and hugged him.

"Same height or taller,You will always be my little boy.By the way where are your other friends?Satvik,Reyansh,Abhijeet?"