chapter 12

🍁🍁🍁🍁

Next day Urvil's mood was very bad.In office his employees were having hard day.He himself was least attentive at work.

I think I went a little overboard yesterday.She was so concerned about me,but what did I do?He thought staring blankly at the file.

Apperantly his head was pounding when she had approached him.He just wanted silence.Hence her continuous talking pissed him off.

At the lunchtime he checked his phone every now and then.

Everytime he looked at the homescreen,disappointment filled his heart as he didn't see any text or call from Divyani. There were two possibilities.Either she was too busy or too angry.

Should I ping her that I am sorry.

No no.

It will be better if we converse face to face.I know she can't stay angry with me for too long.

A lot of thoughts were racing in his head at that moment.It felt like the relationship he shared with her was slipping off the edge of a cliff slowly after marriage.

..............

While returning to home,he bought choclates,just because she was a sucker of it.As the main door was opened,he saw Yuvaan. "What's up?"he asked his younger brother.

"All good.Just going to meet a friend."Yuvaan said cheerfully after giving him a side hug.

"Okay.See you at night."he stepped in to find his parents on the sofa watching news in TV.

"Good evening."he greeted and they looked up.

"Come.Sit here."Abhimanyu smiled lowering the volume.He nodded and took the chair infront of them.

"Do you want some tea?"Mahima asked.

"Yeah.But before that I want to freshen up."he glanced at the direction of kitchen.She wasn't there.

"OK then."

"Where is Divi?"

"You don't know?"she frowned.

"What?"

"She went to her cafe."

Urvil stiffened.She was so mad that she didn't even bother to inform him.There were very few people who actually understood him or cope up with his nature.Divyani was one of them.He couldn't effort to lose her.

Certainly not because he wasn't capable of controlling his temper.

"You don't know about this?"Abhimanyu could sense something was wrong.

"I know.Umm,I just thought she is back by now."he lied,squeezing his eyes shut.

"She told us that she will return before 8 pm.You are saying she didn't inform this to you."

Damn it!How sharp was his father exactly?

"I think when we were talking,it slipped out of her mind."he tried to justify.

"May be"Abhimanyu muttered,not wanting to stretch the matter further.Their children were smart enough to solve their problems.

"I am going to room."he moved upstairs,not before keeping the chocolates in freeze.His instinct were screaming this time he had try harder.

After a quick shower,he wore a short sleeved t-Shirt and trackpants.Due to AC, the air inside room was chiller than usual.Goosebumps started to scatter all over his arms.