chapter 16

🍁🍁🍁🍁

Three weeks later, the vibe of their marriage had begun to calm down.Divyani had resumed work and Urvil was extremely focused on a conference.In these three weeks,he got a little accustomed with the changes in his room.Her little things constantly made him realize he wasn't single anymore.Inside dressing table,bathroom,cupboard;her things were everywhere,literally everywhere.

Not that he was complaining about the change.Finally they were together,only that mattered.If not her he wouldn't have married anyone else.He still had no intention to fall in love with her.For him,she was just a perfect match and definitely,one and only bestfriend.Love is a big word and commitment.

It was tuesday.He was passing by the living area where the maids were busy arranging things for puja.He climbed the stairs and entered into room.At the same time she came out of closet after getting ready to go to temple.She didn't notice he was standing there. While adjusting her bottle green saree,she raised her head and got startled seeing Urvil out of nowhere and that too in this time.He stood there silently staring at Divyani,more precisely he was mesmerized by her beauty.

Her wet hair dripping water droplets on the floor.She was yet to wear her jewelry,she only had bindi and vermilion on forehead and yet she looked so pretty.

"Urvil..."she took his name,confused. "You came to home at this time?What happened?"

He got out of his trance and stepped into room. "I forgot an important file."opening the bedside drawer he picked up that file and turned towards her.She noticed he looked tired and weak.

"Just one call,and I could have sent it through driver."she frowned and went to wear her nupital chain,looking at the mirror.

"No problem.Now that I am here,I will drop you and mom."he offered,since The Temple was on the way to his office.

All of sudden few strands of her hair got stuck with the hook of chain,which caused her to let out a hiss of pain.

"Can I help?"he walked to her.Usually he would mind his own business and keep away from others.

She glanced at him through mirror and nodded. "Yeah..please."

Standing behind her,he carefully freed those hair strands first,then put her all hair aside to reveal her neck.She forgot to breathe when his fingers touched her skin.

"Divyani beta.Are you ready?"they heard Mahima's voice as she knocked their door.

"Ji ma."Divi came out of daze and said loudly.

Keeping all pervert thoughts aside,he quickly wore it on her. "Okay.Now don't waste my time and get ready in fifteen minutes.I have meeting in one hour."the rude guy was back.The one who was punctual with time.She knew he would really leave her alone if she took a lot of time.So she did a little make up and wore bangles and earrings while he checked the file sitting on bed.

"I am done."she spoke,but then he heard her sneezing three times.

"Wait.Are you alright?"he went near him showing his concern.

"It's nothing."she rubbed her nose.He noticed her eyes were slightly moist.

"Do you have fever?"he kept his hand on her forehead to check fever.It was normal.

"No yaar."with that she sneezed again.

"The weather is bad.Why did you wet your hair?"his voice came out a little irritated.

"Before visiting the Temple,I always take a proper bath."she explained narrowing her eyes.If they had enough time in hands,she could have used hairdryer.

He sighed and nodded
"Okay fine.Let's go.It's already been twenty minutes."

"Liar."she fumed. "I have taken exactly fifteen minutes."as he walked ahead,she followed him blabbering how she was keeping an eye on the clock all the time.

🍁🍁🍁🍁

When Urvil returned home at night,Divyani was sound asleep occupying the entire bed.He freshened up at first,then came back wearing only trackpants as usual.She was still sleeping in the same position.Shaking head,he gently picked her up and shifted towards her side of bed.A frown appeared on his face when he felt her hot skin.

Shit.She had fever.

"Urvil."She had already waken up and was staring at his eyes.Then she looked at the clock,which showed 1:00 am.Since last few days he was coming home late.She knew he was preparing for the conference.

"Divi,you are burning."he took her in his arms and said in a worried tone.

She smiled at him,nuzzling closer to his chest. "Relax.I have taken medicine."

"It's all because of your wet hair."

"Stop scolding me.I will be okay in the morning."
The moment he covered her and himself fully with the blanket,she flung herself more and more in his body to feel his radiating warmth.

"Let me check your temperature."he said,but she shook her head. "No.It's so cold.Just hug me tight and sleep."She caught his arm and put it around her body.Giving a peck on her forehead,he also hugged her tight and started caressing her back.

"You should have called me."

"I didn't want to disturb you."came her reply.She had seen him closely. Just like his father Abhimanyu Singhania, Urvil was also passionate,carrier driven,ambitious.He always put blood and sweat in work.
From the starting,his target was to become one of the leading businessman in India.

"Unbelievable!! I don't know what to do with you."he rolled his eyes.

"You can't come early?At least at 11:30 or 12?"she asked in a sleepy voice.

"I want to.But work is also important nah.."he said,feeling bad for her all of sudden.She just wanted his time and he couldn't even manage that.

"Even in Sundays you are working in home office.At least once in a week,be with me.Please Urvil."she requested in a cute voice.Except sundays,in other days morning was the only time they met.

"I can't promise,but I will try."

"Looks like I have to fall sick daily to draw your attention."she jabbed making him frown.

"Sshhh.Sleep now.We will talk in the morning."He started massaging her head.After five minutes or more he felt her body relax and breadth even.

She had slept.

"Get well soon.I can't see you like this."He whispered in her ear,knowing she couldn't hear him.

...................

Next day Divyani dreamt someone kissing her cheek and she smiled happily.She stretched her body waking up and leaned against the headboard with closed eyes.Even though her fever was gone,she still felt weak.

"You feel better?"Urvil's voice came making her look up.He was standing with a tray.

"Yes."she nodded and quickly pulled the blanket upto her chest.

He sat beside her putting the tray on table and check her forehead. "Freshen up and come out fast and don't you dare wet your hair.I am waiting.It's already 9:45 am."

"But your office........"he cut her off.

"I will go once you eat.Now hurry up.Already I am getting late.Also call your manager and inform you're not coming today."he said and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"I am feeling okay,just a little weakness which will go away once I eat breakfast."

"Can't you see I am saying this for your own good."he snapped,irritated and she snorted.

"Go to office.I can take care of myself."

"We will eat together,then I will go."he said flatly and her eyes widened.

This man,who wants his breakfast within 9:00 am,was waiting for her.

Wow!!!her heart was melting.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Press Star and leave comments.