chapter 10

🍁🍁🍁🍁

"Ready to go?"Urvil asked seeing Divyani all ready. As their houses were in the same neighborhood,she hadn't packed any clothes for these two days stay.There was just a small vanity bag containing essentials like her skincare routine stuffs,comb,toothbrush etc.

"Hmm."she hummed, glancing at him for few seconds and then got busy checking if anything was left to pack.

"Hmm.I am also leaving."he mumbled and sat on the bed silently.Just when she was about to zipp the chain,he called out. "Divi.You forgot your charger."

"Oh shit."She clicked her tongue. "My instinct was saying I have forgotten something."

"But the credit goes to me."he smirked,pointing at the switchboard where the charger was plugged.

"I know.Thank you."she snorted.

"Chalein phir?(Let's go then?)"he stood up as she was finally done.

"Yes."

Glancing at the watch once,he sighed in relief which didn't go unnoticed in her eyes.

"You should have left if you are getting late."she added,extremely offended. "I can go alone.It's not like my house is 100 miles away."

"What are you saying?"he tilted his head at her and frowned.

"Nothing important."She reached out to unlock the doorknob.He gripped her elbow,holding her back. "I didn't say you can go."

"Who are you?My boss?Whom I should obey."she rolled her eyes while trying to get free from his grip.

His jaw clenched and anger flashed in his eyes. "No one will leave this room until you say what's the issue."

"You will be late for office-"

"To hell with the office."he snapped,startling her.

"Aww!!!So much anger.Now I am afraid."He didn't miss the mockery in her tone.

"Shut up.I don't usually get angry over small things."

"I got it.Now leave my hand."she said curtly.

Much to her dismay,he started closing the gap between them which made her took steps back.

"What's the hurry wife?"

With a push,he restrainted her small body in between door and him.Her eyes widened and lips trembled. "Tell me,what did I do?"

"Urvil ,move."

But he did opposite -lifting her as if she was a rag doll and positioning her feet on his.She let out a small gasp,her heart speeding up while arms went around his neck in reflex.

"You know I am stubborn."Their eyes met.He had a deadpanned look on his face.

"I have to go."she muttered weakly and tried to get free which made his arms lock around her waist firmly.

"First speak up.Then!"his breadthing was so uneven now.It looked like he was in deep pain.

Divyani suddenly felt embarrassed.May be she was being extra sensitive which was making things difficult for both of them.He just checked the watch so that he could reach office in time.

In any company or other working places,a boss is always the rolemodel of employees.If boss himself/herself is latecomer,then what can you expect from the employees?

Besides it's just second day of their married life.She can't even expect him to do all kind of husbandy stuffs.They're not one of those couples who madly loves each other.