chapter 8

🍁🍁🍁🍁

The next morning,Divyani's deep slumber was broken by a hand tapping on her shoulder.

"Ma.Let me sleep few minutes more."she groaned,shoving her face to the pillow.

"Divi.Get up."a familiar manly voice spoke up.

Her eyes fluttered open when realization hit her hard.

SHE JUST GOT MARRIED YESTERDAY.

"Urgh sorry.I thought it's ma."she got up slowly and leaned back to the headboard

"Good morning."Urvil said softly.For a moment silence filled the atmosphere.

"Good morning."she mumbled rubbing her face.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah.I was really exhausted.So slept the moment my back hit the bed."

"Sorry for waking you up.But it's 7:45am."he placed his palm on her henna covered hand.

She nodded,"It's okay.I am actually a morning person,but yesterday was tiresome.So.."

"I can understand."He nodded in return and got up.That's when she noticed his dress.."Where are you going?"

"Office.Where else?."he simply replied checking something on phone.

She frowned."You are going to office today?"

He hummed.

She felt a pang in her heart.Wasn't he interested to spend time with her?Sure they knew each other very well.But still,a normal person thinks twice before going to work the very next day of his/her wedding.

"Okay then.Bye."she shrugged masking her sad expression.

"I am not going right now.Just got ready.Mom told me today is your first Rasoi and I have to stay until all of us tastes your yummy recipes."he explained.

"I got it."she clenched her jaw.

He got dressed early so that he didn't have to waste a single second after breakfast and here she took seven days leave.

As he left the room,she got up to get ready.Most of her outfits were already arranged in the cupboard.Taking a sunflower yellow salwar suit,she entered the bathroom.

Her MIL was already in the kitchen when she stepped in.

"Sorry ma.I overslept."she said guiltily.

"Relax.I told him to let you sleep more."Mahima uttered flashing a smile.

"Mom,Bhabhi.Good morning."Yuvaan entered with an empty bottle.

"Good morning."she wished.

"Bohot jaldi uth geya aj.What's the matter?"Mahima jabbed.

"Today is bhabi's first Rasoi.That's why."he said while filling the bottle,then glanced at Divyani who had started peeling carrots.."By the way,what will you cook?"

"Gajar ka halwa,puri and aloo ki sabji."

"I also made halwa during my time."Mahima chukled.."Anyway call me anytime if you need any help."

"I can manage.Don't worry."she assured smiling.

"All the best bhabhi."

Soon they left and she started to do all the arrangements.It took nearly one and half hour to complete everything.

Everyone were present at the dinning table.So without wasting any time, she started to serve.

"Baccha.Come,sit with us."Abhimanyu said.