Chapter 4 - Queen Maple

Queen Maple ran through her palace, looking for her guest. Where could he be? Maple wondered.

Then she remembered that Prince North had gone out to explore Prassinia. How could he survive such harsh weather? She thought to herself.

She decided to go check on her academy to get his safety off her mind.

"How's everyone doing?" Queen Maple asked Jay, a SilkWing who came to work as an assistant teacher in the academy, along with a few others, some of them being teachers.

"They're all good. I have heard new students are coming soon, too," Jay answered.

"How many?" She asked.

"I'm not sure," Jay replied.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Get back to work," She ordered him.

Jay nodded and went back to his cave.

Queen Maple walked around, checking in the dorms of the dragonets. They're all behaving well, she thought. Then she saw Prince North had returned.

"Where have you been?" Queen Maple asked him.

"I was flying around most of the time, and I went to meet Queen Apple," he answered with a smile.

"You met Queen Apple? Don't you know what's going on?" she raised her voice. "Do you even know about the war?"

"...What? There's a war going on?"

"Yes! Please do not go visit any other queens. Even if they seem nice. Though you did just visit the worst one," Maple said.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I won't go meet any queens again." North seemed like he understood.

"Good. And don't go in their territories. They check it often," she ordered him.

He nodded and said that he'll go out again, promising that he wouldn't meet the queens.

Queen Maple sighed. She almost got two of her dragonets' closest and only family killed! She should keep an eye on him.

Or maybe he can take lessons about Prassinia with one of the assistance teachers. That's a better idea, Maple thought.

She started wondering about the Sapphire of Power, the thing that started the whole war. Was she strong enough to defeat the other four queens? She was honest enough to admit that she was not confident in herself. But she didn't want to seem weak, because she would then be an easy target.

The only thing she could hope for, if she died, is that the next TreeWing queen would keep the academy going.