Chapter 10 - Queen Lightweaver

This was the moment she had been waiting for. She climbed on to the pedestal and gave her speech about the dragon. "And why should we believe this strange dragon," Queen Amethyst spoke up. The black dragon crawled out of the shadows. "I can see the future." As soon as the dragon said this, the hall turned into a buzz of voices. Queen Brightshine called out "and how do we know your not lying." The dragon's voice seemed to echo as she said "in my tribe, the Nightwings, we have the ability to either see the future or read minds and occasionally both abilities. I was born with the eye of a seer."

The Pentarchy lasted longer than one day. As the queen withdrew to her chambers she thought about what had happened today. The Pentarchy turned out to be full of chaos and surprises. As she lay in her bed she sat in silence to register what had just happened. Okay sooo, I learned that the "nightwing" can see the future. And that we are supposed to fly to a unknown continent knowing that we could DIE, her brain thought rapidly. And then she remembered Darkface. I hope that snake doesn't cause trouble, she thought darkly. Suddenly she heard three quick raps on her door. Her guards rushed into position as she opened the door. "Your majesty the queens are gathering to discuss the fights in the Thunder and windwings territory." Lightweaver mentally slapped herself, of course. In a Pentarchy you did not only discuss the main topic but also other skirmishes.

As they gathered around the round table to discuss, one of the guards unrolled a gigantic map of Persaria. After a while they all signed the new treaty and walked to the gigantic dining hall. Lightweaver ran her talons across the smooth and rough wall. The Stonewings had mined a rare mineral, Indiscite, which was basically indestructible. They had all kinds of meals, from birds to fish to rabbits. When they all finished they headed back to their rooms, resting for the big flight tomorrow.

This is it, Lightweaver thought with excitement, we're finally doing it. Flying to the lost continent.