Chapter 8 - Queen Maple

Today was a bright day, the sun was shining, and the snow was glittering.

Yesterday seven dragonets had joined the Hidden Tribes Academy, like Jay had said.

But today, one of them had gone missing and escaped.

Queen Maple wasn't quite happy about that, even though he was a trouble maker. She loved the dragonets like they were her own.

Maple sighed. She didn't have much to do, so she decided to go check on the dragonets.

Prince North was hanging out with Citrus and Violet, Trilobite was reading one of his favorite scrolls, and Maroon and Caramela were talking to each other. She was about to check the rest of the dorm rooms, when a guard came up to her and told her that she has a visitor.

Queen Maple headed to her throne room to see two of her old students in the Hidden Tribes Academy: Dreamchaser and River.

She glared at them suspiciously as she was stepping onto her throne.

"We meet again," Maple says.

"We have come here because Nasa has discovered that you will meet your alliance at the Queen Meeting palace in two days." the SeaWing named River said. "The rest of the queens will be told this information too."

"Do you think your stupid plan of yours will work?!" Queen Maple snapped.

"What plan? What are you talking about?" River asked, seeming confused.

"Your plan to bring the tribes together and end the war. Do you think it will be like that? Hmm?" she said furiously.

"You may not believe us, and I understand that. But we promise you that it will happen. Please go," Dreamchaser said.

There was a long pause. "Fine, when should I go?" Maple asked.

"Midday," said River. "That's around the time the alliances will arrive."

Queen Maple nodded with a huff. "Okay, but I would like you to be there too."

The two dragonets had a shocked expression.

"What? Do you not want to go because it's lies?" Maple said angrily.

"No, it just that we weren't expecting that," River stated. "But we will come."

"Great. This conversation is over. See you there." Maple concluded the visit.

The dragonets quickly bowed down and left.

"Let's see how that will go," Queen Maple muttered to herself, a small spark of excitement pounding inside her.

She was finally going to meet her alliance.

For the first time.