Chapter 20 - Queen Abyss

Queen Abyss was a very proud queen, particularly when it came to her kingdom. She would have never in a million moons thought that she would actually appreciate someone else's kingdom, especially when the queen of the kingdom was a strange looking dragon from a completely different continent! Nevertheless swimming around in the fish kingdom she almost felt at home.

"And we're back at the main palace." Said Queen Angelfish, interrupting her thoughts.

"Great, I loved the tour," Abyss responded as they swam through the main entrance of the palace.

"I still can't get over how well designed the front entrance is," Abyss said gazing up at the massive archway.

"Thank you!" Queen Angelfish responded with a smile. "I'm glad you liked it." As they kept swimming through the palace, Abyss observed the dragons in the palace, from the nobles to the servants. The Fishwings were a unique tribe sharing some similarities with the Water Wings, like the webbed feet and the gills. However they were a lighter more tropical turquoise color whereas the Waterings came in a deep shade of blue or purple and sometimes black. Waterwings also had glowing eyes, tongue and claws. Abyss herself was a very dark purple colored dragon with her glowing features light blue. Their palace was made out of light white coral which felt fragile compared to the translucent blue Oceanite the Waterwing's palace was made of. Snapping back to reality, Abyss noticed she was starting to lag behind and quickly swam back to Angelfish.

"Where are we heading to?" Abyss asked, catching up to Queen Angelfish.

"To the map room," Angelfish said, gesturing to the wide door in front of them.

As they entered, Abyss had to stifle a snicker. The fishwing's map room was small and unimpressive, with a map on a table in the center of the room. Some blueprints for weapons were scattered around. On the other hand, the Waterwing's map room was a grand room that could hold all 13 members of the battle council.

It's fine though, She thought. If they needed help with battle panning, she would help. After all they were allies.

After spending a while in the map room, the Queens and advisors decided to plan the next attack on the Hue and ThunderWings. Abyss was confident they would win the battle. After all, she was the best strategist in Persaria. As they headed out of the palace, they went to oversee their army's battle training. Angelfish's army was impressive but only because of its sheer size. Even though the Waterwing army was significantly smaller, she was confident in their efficiency and discipline. As she started making the trip back to her suite, she couldn't help shaking off the feeling that her ally was hiding something. The fleeting glances to her advisors, whispering things in the military trainers ears, being so distant this afternoon. Well whatever it is, that queen sure is bad at hiding things, she thought, shaking it all off. However, with this caution she made a quick detour to go visit her general. When she arrived at the barracks most of the soldiers were asleep. However she found the general, Leviathan, still up discussing battle plans. She pulled him aside and told him her suspicions.

"Stay on high alert. I don't like these fishwings. Whatever you do, always remember, constant vigilance. If i die, bring the Waterwings back to Persaria."

"Yes Queen," he responded, giving her a salute.

She returned the salute, heading back to the main street. As she was admiring the street, she could have swore she saw cloaked figures stalking her. However, when she turned around, no one was there. Stange, she thought, scanning her surroundings. Suddenly, a cloaked dragon sprung out from nowhere, claws outstretched. Queen Abyss reacted quickly though, slicing his underbelly and pinning his throat to the ground. She snatched his hood as she roared at him in all of her queenly might.

"WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!" she thundered, losing her grip so that the assassin could talk. The dragon began to open his mouth, but a heavy club connected with her skull before she heard an answer.