Chapter 7 - Queen Brightshine

Rain and blood soaked Queen Brightshine's talons and scales.

She could not believe how close the Thunderwings had come to losing the battle! "Thunderwings," she boomed, "we can't almost lose battles against windwings. We have to win them!"

"Yes, your majesty" they all called in usion.

Good at least they understand, she told herself as they flew back toward her palace nestled in the rocky crags of the mountains. The piercing pain in Brightshine's shoulder continued as the palace grew closer, that Windwing cut is deep, she thought as the throbbing continued.

Finally the squadron landed on the entrance ledge. "Do your duties," she told the soldiers. I need to go to the War Room, She thought frantically. The down side was: that she had to limp there. I guess I'll do it the hard way, and she started limping to the War Room. Halfway there the head physician flagged her down. "Your majesty you need to treat those wounds!" "I guess I should," Brightshine admitted. "I recommend going to the hot springs," the physician said kindly. "Ok thank you" Brightshine told the physician.

She took off flying toward the rising steam not far from the palace. She dove in the hot water. The water helps so much, Brightshine thought. As she gazed out in the distance she fully appreciated how beautiful her kingdom was. From tall mountains to flat plains. Her kingdom was in the north of Persaria so if she looked north she would just see water. What would happen if a dragon kept flying north? Would they just reappear south of Persaria or is there another continent out there, she wondered? "Well I have to go to the War Room at some point," she said as she stretched. My cuts don't hurt anymore, she thought surprised.

Feeling brand new Queen Brightshine took of toward the War Room. She was just about to land on the ledge of the War Tower when a messenger flagged her down. "Ma'am you have a message from Queen Lightweaver." Great what does Lightweaver want now, she thought. "Thanks I will take the letter," she told the messenger. "Anything for the Queen," he told her.

. . .

As she closed the door of her private chambers she looked down at the scroll. But then she realized the seal was not a normal seal... it was the seal of the Pentarchy.