Chapter 6 - Prince North

The weather had calmed down, and there wasn't any strong gusts of wind. North flew above the snowy plains. I didn't know there was a war going on, he thought to himself. Oh well. I hope I dont get mixed up in the drama.

. . .

North noticed some rocky mountains ahead. He decided to go and explore them, even though he knew that there was a big cave nearby.

He flew swiftly through the mountains, looking around for any other caves.

He eventually noticed a small cave entrance on the side of a shorter mountain. He dove down to investigate.

When he came closer, he heard chattering. There seemed like there were a lot, but not more than the amount of queens on Prassinia. He peeked inside to see five dragonets, staring at him in silence. He noticed that there was a NightWing with a silver teardrop. Then there was blue SeaWing wearing a skyfire necklace. There was a red-scaled RainWing with a blindfold and a skyfire necklace on. She must be blind, North thought. Then there was another NightWing that was a bit different, also wearing a skyfire necklace. At last there was an unknown tribe he did not recognize.

"Who are you?" the SeaWing said, trying to sound bold.

"I promise I'm not here to hurt you. I am North, an IceWing prince." North said. "What are you guys doing here alone? You're just dragonets."

"We have been through a lot of danger. We can protect ourselves," answered the unusual NightWing.

"May I get your names?" North asked kindly.

"I'm River," replied the SeaWing. "And this is Dreamchaser, Poppy, Nasa and Macaw." River said, pointing at them in order: Dreamchaser the NightWing, Poppy the RainWing, Nasa the NightWing/TechWing hybrid, and Macaw the HueWing. River mentioned that while they were talking.

"So, you know Queen Maple has an academy for other tribes?" North said, wondering if they'll join it.

"Yes, we know. But that's why we're here. We escaped because we weren't learning anything after the TechWings attacked our old school, which made the whole thing cave in." Dreamchaser responded.

"Ah, okay." North nodded. These dragonets seemed like they knew what they were doing. So, he decided to say goodbye and go explore some more.

It was getting dark by now, but he wanted to see everything. He found things very fascinating, and he wanted to see every inch of this continent. But he had promised Queen Maple that he wouldn't go in the other tribes' territories.

He flew for a while, until he saw something by the side of a mountain. More dragonets? He thought.

North flew down to check. It was a small shop, having a label above it saying 'Dark Skies'. Then a NightWing dragonet came out from behind a door.

"Welcome! You seem familiar, are you an IceWing?" the shopkeeper asked.

"Uh, yes, I am an IceWing," North answered.

"Nice to meet you! I am Darkclaws, and you?" said the NightWing.

"I am Prince North."

"Ooh, a prince! That's nice." Darkclaws wrote it down. "Would you like anything from my shop?"

"What does it sell?" North asked curiously.

"Here." Darkclaws pulled out a list with plenty of items named on it.

"...Aren't these animus enchanted objects?" North asked, seeming a little bit surprised.

"Yeah. I mean, I'm an animus myself, so why not share it?" Darkclaws replied.

North looked through the list. He was quite curious about these, and luckily Queen Maple had given him some money.

"Is it okay if I buy..." North started, but then Darkclaws interrupted.

"Yes! You can buy anything you want."

North paid for one 'Foeslayer's Earring'. He then put it on his ear.

"Looks nice, doesn't it?" Darkclaws pointed out with a soothing smile.

"I bet it does. Anyway, thank you," North said kindly.

"No, thank you," Darkclaws responded. "But I want you to do one favor; please do not tell anyone. Especially the queens."

North nodded and headed back.

. . .

"Why were you out so long?" Queen Maple asked, seeming a little bit frustrated.

"Sorry, I got carried away-"

"Where did you find that earring?" she interrupted him.

"I, uh, I found it in some bushes. It was just sitting there," North said, trying to sound convincing.

"...Okay, but please be back sooner next time." she said "Good night."

"Good night," he said, laying in bed.

It was a tiring day, he thought, but I enjoyed it.