Chapter 11 - Queen Apple

Today was the day where she -- and the other queens -- would meet their alliances.

It was a sunny day, and the snow was slowly melting. Soon, it would be spring season. The BloomWings love it.

Queen Apple and lots of her guards flew swiftly to the palace where the queens would meet.

It took a while to get there, but it was easy, because there was no strong wind slowing them down.

Apple had arrived first. As usual.

She stepped onto her nicely decorated throne and waited patiently. Her guards sat close, a few of them keeping a lookout for the rest of the queens.

A few minutes later, Queen Dahlia had arrived with her BloomWing guards.

Queen Dahlia was pretty beautiful, Apple had to admit. Sometimes she wished she could have that kind of beauty and a nice aroma coming from her scales.

After a short amount of time, the rest of the queens had arrived, too.

They looked at each other awkwardly.

"So..." Queen Maple was the first one to speak. "Where are the dragonets?"

Queen Apple had forgotten that those dragonets who told them about the alliances were going to come.

"Not sure," Queen Sangria shrugged.

"I haven't seen them," Queen Angelfish stated.

"Ah, there they are," Queen Apple said, looking at the entrance of the small castle.

"Our apologies for being late. Our friend Poppy had some difficulties flying, as she is blind," the blue dragonet said with a bow.

"Come here, I want you to enter this," Queen Maple said, pointing at a rather big cage, but enough room to fit only five dragonets.

"...Why?" Nasa, the hybrid, asked with fear.

"Get in here and I'll tell you," Queen Maple responded harshly.

The HueWing dragonet exhaled, and all of them stepped inside. Once they were all in, the cage door closed quickly.

"I want you in here because if our alliances do not arrive, you will be killed. Understand?"

"What?!" the blind dragonet said silently, her friend trying to calm her down.

"Now," Queen Maple glared at them. "Who is the future teller here?"

There was a pause.

"Reveal yourself!" Queen Maple snapped.

"...me, I am the future teller," Nasa said, seeming frail and defenseless.

"Step out, and get into this cage," Queen Maple ordered while showing her a much smaller cage.

Nasa carefully walked out of the big cage and stepped into the smaller one. Then it closed loudly.

"You're the one who gets killed first, I hope you know that." Queen Maple narrowed her eyes.

"But- but I swear! I'm not lying! Please don't-" Nasa panicked.

"Hush, you little rat," Queen Maple barked.

Nasa quietened down and laid flat on the bottom of the cage.

"When are the tribes coming?" Queen Dahlia asked.

Everyone looked at Nasa.

"Anytime now, I promise. Just be patient," she stated shakily.

Thirty minutes had passed, and nothing. No alliances, no tribes, no queens, not a single dragon.

"Where are they?!" Queen Angelfish complained.

"Yeah, it's been a while now, and no one has come yet," Queen Dahlia stated.

"Have you been wasting our precious time that we could have used for useful things!?" Queen Sangria said with anger.

"I knew I couldn't trust them..." Queen Apple called with a frown.

The queens glared at the dragonets furiously.

Queen Maple and Queen Apple approached the two cages, clearly showing the rage in them.

Queen Maple opened the small cage, Nasa having rivers of tears streaming down her face. "No, no no no no! Please don't do this! Please, I beg you! They're going to come! Please!" she said with a frightened look.

Queen Apple snatched her out of the cage, making Nasa shriek.

"What's going on?!?" Poppy said with an uneasy tone in her voice.

"PLEASE! DON'T KILL ME! PLEASE!!" Nasa yelled with a fearful expression. Her friends were staring at her with horrified looks on their faces.

Nasa got pinned to the ground by Apple.

"Let me kill her," Queen Maple said.

"No, I have her pinned," Queen Apple responded.

"I've known this dragonet for longer than you do," Queen Maple frowned.

"Well, she is part TechWing, so I get to kill her," Queen Apple growled.

"She's mine!" Queen Maple said, sounding like she was fed up.

"No! I will kill her!" Queen Apple said bitterly and started battling her.

"GUYS!" Queen Dahlia roared to get everyone's attention, and it worked. The room went silent, everyone looking at her standing beside the window and staring at the chaos like a bunch of little dragonets caused this.

Queen Dahlia turned to look out the window again.

"They're here."