Chapter 14 - Queen Lightweaver

I never realized how much I like this tiara, Queen Lightweaver thought as she examined herself in the mirror clipping the final opal earring to her ear. She still couldn't believe how futuristic her ally's city was. The door swung open automatically as she walked out of the room. She headed down to the banquet hall for her first breakfast with Queen Apple.

"Greetings, Queen Lightweaver," Queen Apple greeted her.

"Hi Queen Apple, had a nice sleep?" Lightweaver asked

"The usual," she responded with a shrug. "So i was wondering where to-," she was cut off as a spy landed in the room panting. "What is it," Queen Apple asked in a sharp voice. "I bring news from the Tree kingdom. Queen Maple is dead," he declared, "the Huewings and Thunderwings attacked the Treewings and the Windwings."

"Who's the new queen," Lightweaver asked the spy.

"Queen Birch," he said and then broke of in a bout of coughing.

"Go see the healers," Queen Apple said.

"Thank you Your Highness," he said with a bow.

"This is amazing," Queen Apple said with a small bounce.

"Why," Queen Lightweaver asked puzzled.

"Maple and I have always been enemies, from the moment we met. Guards, tell the cooks to make a feast for the palace."

Wow, Queen Lightweaver thought, she must really hate Maple.

"Queen Lightweaver, I suggest we get some rest, because the party will happen at midnight."

"That's a good idea Queen Apple. See you at midnight."

As she climbed up the tower to her suite, she felt a thrill of excitement run through her. Tonight i'll get to see the Techwing traditions. I cant wait!