Chapter 10

When I finished high school and decided that I wanted to peruse my dream of becoming a writer, I thought I had ditched math for good. I was never good at it and I always had to study and put more effort into it than the other kids. My dad told me it was because those who are more creative have a harder time with numbers, and those who are better with numbers have a hard time being creative. I don't know if he was just saying that to make me feel better or if it was an actual fact. Either way I was horrible at math and my teachers always hated me because I could never fully grasp/learn the equations or formulas.

And here I was, 2 years later sitting in math class taking a test on the first day of this subject, and probably failing already. And to make things even worse, Harry just happened to be in this class as well. It was like God was trying to punish me. The teacher said at the beginning of class that he just wanted an idea of how much we already knew so he gave us a "quick" test. Time was almost up and it looked like everyone was done except me and maybe a few others. The test wasn't very long, only a double-sided paper, but the questions were hard. The little timer Mr. Bradley had put on his desk went off and made us hand in our papers. He then told us to read some of the math textbook and take down notes until he was done correcting our papers. 

I sat there in my seat, scribbling down as many notes as I could so I wouldn't have to do it later for homework when Mr. Bradley finally spoke up.

"Alright class, that's all the time for today, pick up your math tests on my desk so you can use them as revision and I will see you guys next class." I grabbed my bag that was perched up against the leg of my desk and walked up to his desk and grabbed my test. I got 48% and I didn't even finish answering all the questions. I walked out of classes and started walking to my next one, trying not to stress over the math test too much.

"I could help you with your math." That annoyingly recognizable deep voice said from behind me, making me jump and turn around in surprise. My hand flew to my chest like it has so many times before and I almost let out a scream. I turned around and was face to face with those damn mop of curls.

"What?" I asked.

"I said I could help you with your math. You did pretty shit on that test."

"It was a hard test." I fought back.

"Really?" Harry raised an eyebrow at me. He lifted up his test paper and I rolled my eyes. He got 100%. "You want my help or not?"

"Why would you want to help me? We don't like each other, remember?"

"Whatever, your choice to fail math." Harry said walking off in the direction I was heading. I sighed and brushed a piece of my hair that was covering my eyes. I sort of wish Harry wasn't so rude and bipolar so we could actually have a nice conversation, I'm sure he's a great conversationalist. Wait, what? I want to talk to Harry? I shook the thought out of my head and headed over to my next class.

+++ 

Angie and I were getting bored just watching TV so I decided to go on a coffee run to Starbucks. Angie told me there was one close by but her car was in the shop so I would have to take the bus. I grabbed a sweater and put it on over the plain white shirt I was already wearing and walked outside to the bus stop near the parking lot. It was cooler than I thought, my sweater not doing much at keeping the cool air off of me. I hated that I didn't have a car, I really need to get one. I walked over to the bus stop and waited for a bus to come.

"You aren't really going to take the bus are you?" I jumped out of surprise and turned around to see Harry leaning against the bus stop, blowing smoke out of his mouth. I tried not to look as disgusted as I really was.

"Yes actually I am." I said, my voice already sounding annoyed.

"No you're not. You're not taking the bus alone at this time." He said shaking his head, throwing his cigarette on the ground. It wasn't even that late, only 10:30 at night.

"I'll drive you." Harry said.

"Um, no you won't. You're not the person who decides what I do or where I go or whatever. I'm taking the bus. What are you even doing here anyway?" I ask, suddenly realizing that he was outside of one of the girl apartment buildings.

"I was visiting a friend."

"But this is the girls building... Oh." I said, realizing what he was really doing. "You're not driving me." I said, turning away from him hoping he didn't notice that my cheeks were turning pink. 

"It's not safe." His voice seeming not as demanding as before.

"And driving with you is?" I asked, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at him. He sighed and looked down at the ground, then back up at me.

"Look Braydon, do you want to have a free ride with me, or pay for the shitty bus?" Harry said, clearly not taking no for an answer.

"Fine." 

Hope you guys enjoyed! 10 votes and I'll update again today?

-harryartwork