Chapter 20

I walked into school the next day wearing some boyfriend jeans and a black halter top. I had washed Harry's shirt that he leant me and I was carrying it in my bag, planning on giving it to him when I saw him today. If I'm being completely honest, I'm sort of anxious to see him. I don't know how he's going to act towards me now that we had kissed last night. I don't even know if that changed anything between us, or if he's just going to go back to being mean to me. I sort of hoped deep down that maybe his feelings have changed towards me.

When I woke up this morning Angie still wasn't back, which I was grateful for. I wasn't really up for all the questions I know she would be asking. I wasn't planning on telling her what had happened between me and Harry until it happened again at least, then I would know for sure that something was going on between Harry and I. But for now, it was just one kiss and I'm pretty sure that doesn't change anything between us. But even I know I'm lying when I say that. No matter how hard I tried to deny the feelings the erupted through me when Harry kissed me, they still pushed there way through me and I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. The way he kissed me just made me feel so... alive. He made me feel beautiful even if I was wearing a pair of ugly nude colored underwear that was soaking wet, I've never felt more alive than in that moment.

I turned a corner and made my way to creative writing, hoping Harry was right outside the door or something so I could give his shirt back to him. I walked down the hall and what I saw made me want to throw up, run back home and cry. Harry was standing close to the class entrance... kissing someone who definitely wasn't me. I couldn't believe for a second that I thought what had happened last night had changed anything between us, or had changed him. He was obviously a man of... many women to put it nicely. And I was disgusted. I could already feel the tears prickling my eyes and I wanted so desperately to just crawl in a hole and cry, no matter how hard I tried to believe it didn't affect me.

The closer I got to class, the closer I got to them and I really did try my hardest to look away from them, but it was like walking past a car crash. Harry bent down a little bit and started whispering something in her ear which caused her to giggle and I couldn't help but want to strangle her. I'm hoping Harry didn't see me as I walked past them because I could feel tears slipping down my face.

"Hey Braydon." Shit. I kept walking, only faster this time and I almost made it into class but I felt Harry's hand on my arm. I quickly jerked my arm away, feeling disgusted by his touch.

"Don't touch me." I seethed as I whipped around to face him.

"Hey what's wrong, why are you crying." He asked sounding "concerned". I rolled my eyes and swatted away his hand that tried to reach up and wipe my tears away.

"You're disgusting." I said, not looking him in the eyes because I know I'll get hypnotized no matter how incredibly angry I am at him right now. Harry finally seemed to have realized that I saw him kissing that girl and nodded.

"Do you um... have my shirt?" He asked, his voice actually sounding hurt. He doesn't have the right to be hurt right now, I'm the one who's really hurt. I reached around my shoulder and grabbed his shirt out of my bag and threw it at him.

"There's your stupid shirt. Now don't talk to me from now on, I mean it Harry." I say and he looks down at his shoes.

I turn around and walk into class as fast as I can to get away from him. I knew I looked like a mess and my eyes were probably red from crying but I didn't care. My seat for this class was at the back but Harry sits behind me. I didn't look at him as he sat himself behind me as class started. I still couldn't believe how dumb I had been, just because he was being nicer to me didn't mean anything, and neither did that kiss. Maybe all those books I read have put a sick idea of a perfect love story in my head, like Harry said. The only person I should be mad at is myself for thinking that Harry would change for me. He specifically said that he doesn't date because he doesn't want to deal with relationship bullshit. And this was definitely bullshit that I didn't want to deal with either.

I'll be updating again tomorrow if you guys can get this chapter to 10 votes! Thank you for reading :)