Chapter 24

I wouldn't say being friends with Harry had really changed anything between us. It was almost as if he was angry at me. Every chance he got he would say something rude to me and I didn't understand why. In class when I got called on and got the answer wrong, I could hear him scoff in the back of class. We had agreed at his house last night to be friends and now it was like we were the furthest thing from that. It kind of made me sad because I thought I had finally broken through one of Harry's many walls, but I guess I was wrong.

English class was just ending and I had agreed with Dylan at lunch yesterday that we would meet up after my last class of the day. As I walked out of English I saw him waiting for me across the hall.

"Hey Dylan!" I smiled as he held his arms open to hug me. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he wrapped his around my shoulders.

"We still good for tomorrow night?" Dylan asked.

"Yes, where are we going for dinner?"

"Well I was planning on taking you to this really nice Italian restaurant that's about forty minutes from here. Is that okay?" I smiled.

"Yes that sounds perfect." I was really looking forward to this dinner with Dylan, I've been waiting all week for it.

"I'll pick you up at around eight tomorrow night alright?" Dylan said as he winked. I felt my cheeks heat up and I nodded my head. Dylan waved and then walked away, heading to his next class.

I turned around and immediately bumped into someone's shoulder. I looked up to see who it was and of course it was Harry. He glared down at me and I quickly took a step back from him.

"Watch where you're going." He said, turning around and walking away almost as quickly as he had hit me. I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes. When was he going to stop being so mean to me?

I walked back to my dorm room rather slowly, the weight of the week finally hitting me since it was Friday. Most people would want to go out and party today since it was the end of the week, but not me. I just wanted to stay in my room and watch some cartoons. I was hoping Angie had something planned with Jack so I would have the room to myself, but I as I opened the door I was very wrong.

Angie, Jack and of course, Harry, were all sprawled across the room with red cups in their hands, laughing loudly until they noticed I had walked in.

"Braydon you're back!" Angie squealed, stumbling over to where I was standing to hug me. Her last class of the day ended thirty minutes before mine did and she already seemed really drunk.

"Hi." I smiled, trying to not seem disappointed to find them all in Angie and I's room. Jack smiled and waved at me and I returned the smile. I dared to look over at Harry to find him glaring at me, but as soon as I made eye contact with him he looked back down and took a swig from his red cup.

"You want a beer?" Jack asked. I shook my head and scrunched up my nose.

"No thanks, I'm not really in the mood for a drink."

"What's up your butt?" I heard Harry say from the chair he probably brought over from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and stormed off into the kitchen, not in the mood for putting up with his insults right now. I had to deal with them all week and I thought I would finally get a break from them tonight but I guess not.

I grab a water bottle from the fridge and some chocolate chip cookies from the cupboard, leaning against the counter as I snacked on my cookie and water by myself. I could hear the three of them talking loudly, but I couldn't understand anything they were saying because I wasn't really paying attention to the words falling from their mouths. They were all definitely drunk, it was obvious in the way they laughed and the glassy look in their eyes. I never understood what was so fun or pleasurable about getting drunk.

I debated on whether to leave or stay here. If I left I would go to Starbucks to work on this English paper that was due next week. But if I stayed, I feel like I would be the odd one out, all three of them had been friends for far longer than I've known them. I only really knew Angie and she seemed to be the most drunk right now.

"Hey Braydon get over here!" Angie slurred, drunkenly waving her hand and motioning for me to come over and sit with them. I hesitantly moved over to where they were and sat on bed crossed legged.

"Okay so there's this really big party at one of the frat houses tomorrow night and we're all going, you want to come?" Angie asked really excitedly.

"I can't tomorrow." Angie frowned and reached for my hands, grabbing them tightly.

"Aw why not." She whined.

"I'm going out with Dylan tomorrow night, I already told you." Angie nodded, hopefully remembering our conversation about it.

"So you're dating Dylan now?" Harry said, taking another drink from his cup.

"We're not dating, we're just going out as friends." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you would go for someone as perfect as him, he doesn't have any tattoos and he's such a mommy's boy." Harry chuckled and rolled his eyes. I scoffed. I didn't see why he had to bring up the thing about tattoos. Angie and Jack were in their own little world, hopefully not hearing Harry and I banter.

"No one said you had to be perfect." I shot back. Harry leaned forward in his chair and glared at me.

"You have no fucking idea how many people I have to please Braydon Alaska." Harry seethed. My breath caught in my throat because I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just decided to keep my mouth shut. I also didn't know what Harry meant by that, so my mind automatically went into overdrive mode, trying to figure out what he meant.

I was quickly snapped out of it when Harry stood up.

"Well this was great but I've got to get going. I've got a meet up with this guy in town so I should be leaving now." Harry said, moving into the kitchen to place his red cup on the counter before walking to the door and opening it.

"Aw come on babe don't be a party pooper." Jack chuckled, drunkenly hanging off of Angie. Harry shook his head.

"Sorry mate, I would love to stay," He said sarcastically, glancing over at me quickly and shooting me a glare, "but I owe this guy some weed and you know how serious that shit is." Jack nodded.

"Alright see you on tomorrow night at the party." And with that, Harry was out the door without another glance at me.

You guys are going to like the next few chapters ;) I'll probably be updating again on Monday or Tuesday! Thanks for reading x