Chapter 19

"First kiss just like a drug, under your influence."

Song: Boom Clap

Artist: Charlie XCX

My dad had told me once that holding your breath can stop a panic attack. When I found out that my mother had died, I held my breath. When I received my graduating diploma in front of thousands of people, I held my breath. When I opened my letter from UCLA, wondering if I had been accepted or not, I held my breath. And as Harry pressed his lips onto mine, I held my breath.

It was like nothing I had ever felt before. Yes I have kissed my fair share of pubescent teenage boys when I was 14, but this was nowhere near close to that. Harry's lips were warm despite the cool night air that had started to set in. His strong hands cradling my face as I brought my arms around his neck and wove my hands into his wet curly hair. His lips fit almost too perfectly against mine, as if he were made to kiss me. Harry moved to deepen the kiss, his hips pressing firmly into mine as his tongue entered my mouth slowly, as if he was making sure I was okay with this. Of course I was.

"Fuck Bray." Harry moaned as he trailed his lips down my jaw and onto my neck, causing me to gasp and grab onto his hair harder. He left a trail of kisses down my neck and then down my collarbones, his touch spreading like wildfire throughout my body, setting my nerves on fire.

"Harry." I sighed as he continued to assault my neck, leaving marks with his beautiful lips that would definitely be there tomorrow. Harry brought his lips back up to mine and kissed me again before resting his forehead against mine.

"What are we doing?" I ask quietly, not sure I trust my voice. Harry shook his head and laughed a bit.

"I have no fucking idea." He chuckled, causing my to giggle. Everything that had to do with Harry and I seemed so confusing. One minute he was teasing me and making fun of me, the next I had my legs around his waist, kissing the living daylight out of him.

"Do you um... want to get out it's getting kind of cold just standing here?" I nodded my head, even though I felt nothing but heat running through me from our previous... activities.

I stood up from the edge and walked over to where Harry had left our towels. I quickly wrapped it around myself and dried off, hoping Harry hadn't seen too much of my body. I hadn't realized before going in the pool that I was going in my underwear, which meant my clothes would be soaked afterwards. My decision to go in was completely spur of the moment and I hadn't thought it through.

"You can wear my shirt." Harry said, like he read my mind, from behind me. I turned around to face him and his towel was hanging low on his hips.

"No... no it's fine. I already wore your jacket that one time."

"Braydon it's fine just wear my shirt." Harry insisted.

"Okay." Harry led me through his house after we had dried off, our underwear still soaking and clinging to our skin. I tried my best not to look at Harry's muscular back as he led me into his room but I couldn't help it. It was the only part of him that wasn't covered in tattoos, a blank canvas. I wanted desperately to reach out and run my hands over the muscles, but controlled myself.

Harry opened the door to his room and held it open for me to walk in first. The first thing I noticed was the collection of records hanging on his walls. Tons of amazing bands, all on his wall. I heard Harry chuckle as I stared at his room. I also heard him shuffle through his drawers, searching for something for me to wear.

"Here." He finally said. I turned around and grabbed the shirt from him, looking it over before putting it on. It was a Kings of Leon t-shirt. I doubt he remembered that they were my favorite band; he probably just picked it because it was the first thing he saw.