Chapter 69

I woke up early on Harry's birthday to make him a special breakfast that I hope he would love. I carefully removed myself from his embrace at around seven in the morning, making my way out of our bedroom and into the main room as quietly as possible, closing the door behind me. I ran into Anne in the kitchen, watching as she scurried around while sipping on her usual morning coffee.

"Good morning Braydon." She smiled over at me quickly as she moved to search for a pair of shoes to wear.

"Good morning." I smiled back at her, wondering what she was doing up so early.

"I'm sorry I have to leave so early today but I really need to get over to the office to make sure everything goes perfectly tonight. I wouldn't want anything going wrong." She told me, slipping on some flats and grabbing her bag from the kitchen counter.

"Don't worry about it," I shrugged, "I hope everything goes well tonight too." Anne smiled and made her way over to me, wrapping me in her arms unexpectedly. For a business woman you would expect her to be a bit rude and not have a filter for the things she may say, but she was a literal angel, just like Harry.

"I can't thank you enough Braydon." She said which confused me. We pulled away but she kept her hands on mine.

"For what?" I asked curiously.

"For Harry. He's changed because of you, for the better. He would have never agreed to come to a big party for him like this five years ago. And he even told me that he missed me, he's never said that before." She admitted and I was a little shocked. I find it hard to believe what I was hearing.

"He's always been like this, I think he just needed someone to bring it out is all." I smiled, watching as her eyes began to water a bit. Anne hugged me again and I could really feel how much she loved her son.

"Thank you again. Tell Harry I said happy birthday when he wakes up." She said when she pulled away. She walked towards the door and left without another word.

As soon as she left I checked on Harry and luckily he was still sound asleep, his body sprawled out across the bed and his chest moving up and down softly. I smiled at the sight and quietly closed the door behind me, getting to work on his breakfast. I decided to make some pancakes and fresh strawberry sauce to dip it in. I also made a cake but I was planning on saving that for later tonight when we come back from the party.

The pancakes and birthday cake were both done in under an hour and I thought now would be a good time to wake Harry up while the pancakes were still warm. I stuck some candles in the top pancake and lit them with a lighter, carefully bringing it into our bedroom. I took the plate into one hand and gently nudge Harry with my other.

"Wake up birthday boy." I said in a laughable motherly voice. I watched as Harry rolled over onto his back, a sly smile stretching across his face as he lazily opened his eyes. They landed on me and then traveled over to the pancakes I was holding.

"Babe you didn't have to make anything for me." He said although he continued to smile while he sat up and rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand.

"I know but I wanted to." I said, handing him the plate full of pancakes and strawberry sauce. Harry kissed my lips messily before blowing out the candles and thanking me.

"Did you make a wish?"

"I'll never tell." He answered jokingly and I rolled my eyes. Harry placed the pancakes on the bedside table and I frowned, wishing he would just enjoy this meal I made for him.

"Are you not hungry?" I frowned, pouting to try and get him to eat them. Harry took me into his arms and swung us around so that I was underneath him and he was holding his weight over top of me, his forearms resting on the bed next to my head.