Chapter 57

Harry's POV

I slam the front door to my house open as soon as I ran up the steps. I was so antsy the whole car ride here I could barely take it. I debated whether jumping out of the car and running to my place would be faster than this. I knew something was wrong, I fucking knew it.

"Braydon!" I yell out into the house. Nothing, there's no answer. Jack comes in and starts calling her name as well.

Maybe she isn't here, I think. Maybe something is wrong, but she's not here. Maybe she's still at her apartment, maybe she went out, maybe, maybe, maybe...

I don't have time to think about all these possibilities right now, I just need to find her and make sure she's okay. She has to be okay.

"Braydon!" I scream again, this time louder. I run up the stairs to my top floor faster than I ever have in my life.

"Braydon I'm coming!" I yell, praying she's somewhere in this house and that everything's fine.

Ignoring the loud thump of my boots against the hardware floor, I hear her voice, so fragile and small, it's barely audible but I hear it. I barge into my room and I'm nearly knocked to the floor from what I see in front of me, something I never thought I would see.

Braydon, lying in a pool of her own blood. Her skin paler than I've ever seen. So lifeless and cold looking. My whole body begins to shake as I kneel down beside her as quickly as I can.

No, no, no, no. This can't be happening, not now, not ever and especially not to her.

I take her freezing body in my arms, her blood smearing almost every inch of me the moment I took her into my arms. My hands are shaking badly as I brush some hair out of her eyes, trying to see her face and make her look at me. She manages to smile and laugh weakly, not resembling herself in the least bit.

"Baby, I'm here. I'm right here." I tell her, my voice cracking and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep the tears away for her sake. My hands shake as I hold her face, her eyes as pale as her skin, she's breathing deeply and harshly. She brings one of her hands up to cup my cheek as well, smearing blood across my face but I couldn't careless, I need to feel the beat of her pulse.

"Oh my god." I whisper to myself but it comes out louder than intended because of my shaky and desperate breathes. I look down at the cut on her stomach, the deep gash seeming to go in a couple of inches making me want to gag. I don't even have to question who did this to her... but I can't think about that right now. I just need to be present with her.

"Look at me Harry." Her weak voice says to me and I turn my head up to look at her the moment the words left her mouth.

"Just hold me and look at me..." Her voice begins to quite down towards the end of her sentence and I see her eyes fluttering, her breathing becoming less frequent. My heart pace picks up however, I don't think it's ever beaten this hard and fast before. I let the tears fall now, there's no way in hell I'd be able to keep them in.

"No, no Bray, don't go. I'm here. Fuck! I'm right here it's going to be okay." I cry, letting the tears stream down my face and onto her pale skin. I hope she feels it, I hope she can feel my body pressed against hers. She can't go like this, she can't.

"Jack, start the car!" I scream down to him. I hear his boots hit the floor as he makes his way outside to his car, I don't think he even turned it off when we got here.

As carefully as I can, I lift Braydon off the floor and into my arms, trying my best not to hurt her. I see and feel the blood drip off of her body and onto the floor, the sight making me feel nauseous and light headed, but I push it away.