Chapter 65

After I had calmed down, we decided to leave for dinner and a movie like we had planned. I wore dark skinny jeans with a cream colored, very loose fitting tank top. I knew the weather would be a bit chilly since it's getting pretty late but I was starving and just wanted to get going. We walk out of our new apartment hand in hand, Harry locking the door behind us. Before we leave for the elevator, I notice a woman, maybe in her fifties or sixties, at the door of the apartment next to us. She's dressed in all black, very formal clothes, her hair matching as well. I think she must be our new neighbor so I wave and smile at her, she doesn't return the favor, only glancing at Harry and I before we head to the elevator. I don't give it much thought as Harry's hand wraps around my waist as we enter the elevator, snuggling my body into his.

"Excited for dinner tonight Miss Smith?" I giggle and nod my head, leaning forward to brush my nose against Harry's.

"Very excited."

We get into one of Harry's smaller vintage cars, the drive down to the restaurant being very short and quick since we now lived in the heart of Los Angeles. The restaurant Harry took me to was of course, a very fancy yet laid back place, somewhere I would never go on my own. The food was amazing, Harry had great taste in restaurants and great taste in food. He insisted that he pick my meal for me, telling me to trust him and that I would love it. He ended up picking this amazing pasta salad that had a white wine dressing over top, it was heavenly.

I could feel Harry's foot getting tangled up with mine underneath the table, he smiled innocently when I noticed, as if he was not aware that he was playing footsy with me. We finished our meals rather quickly, neither of us wanting to be late for the movie we were seeing after dinner. Harry paid for supper and then proceeded to speed downtown to the movie theatre.

The movie theatre was located in downtown Los Angeles, where the older buildings are. The cinema itself was one of the oldest ones in town, still listing the movies playing in those big, removable letters on the panel located over the entrance. And the movies they played were only old classics, nothing newer than the year 1999. I couldn't believe I had never heard of this place before, and when we got to the theatre, no one was there either. Apparently I wasn't the only one who hadn't heard of this place. Despite the theatre being old fashioned and looking a bit run down, it was beautiful and I could only imagined that the inside looked even better.

"How did you find this place?" I ask Harry, looking around and not even seeing that many cars driving driving by. This part of town must not be that busy nowadays, it was also pretty late at night for people to be in this part of town. Harry parks the car right out front of the entrance, rolling up the windows before answering.

"I stumbled upon it one day when I was just driving through Los Angeles. I was just kind of driving to get my mind off of things and I found this place. I walked inside, thinking it was abandoned but it wasn't, there were a couple of people in there with popcorn and drinks and it turns out it was still open. Thought I'd bring you here to show it to you, thought you'd like it." He smiled, placing his hand over mind and squeezing gently. I smiled and leaned forward to kiss him quickly, I would have loved to stay in here longer and kiss him for a couple of minutes but I didn't want to be late to the movie.

We got out of the car and went up to the booth in the middle of the entrance, which contained an older man, he wore a cute old fashioned theatre uniform. He asked us which movie we were seeing and Harry told him 'Pulp Fiction'. I had always wanted to watch that movie, it had been on my list for a while but I just never got around to it. Not only did everything here seem to throw us back to the 1960s, but the price of the tickets just added onto the effect as well, they were only 69 cents!

Inside, the theatre is empty, no one seems to be in here tonight accept the employees who all seem to be old as well, like they grew up with this theatre. Harry and I walk over to the concession stand and get a large bag of popcorn and a huge soda.