Chapter 25

"For crying out loud, settle down, you know I can't be found with you."

Artist: The 1975

Song: Settle Down

I guess you could say I was nervous for this date with Dylan. Not because I didn't really know him, we started talking a bit more and meeting after our classes after he asked me out to dinner. But just because I had never gone out anywhere with a cute boy before, and Dylan was really cute.

Angie made me start getting ready about an hour before I left which was more time than I needed, or so I thought. I have a really bad concept of time and even with Angie's help with my hair and makeup, I only finished about 5 minutes before Dylan was picking me up. Angie picked out a red maxi dress of mine and some black heels to go with it, she then color coordinated my makeup to match my outfit. Dylan had called to tell me that the Italian restaurant we were going to was really fancy and I needed to dress up for it, so I did. I thought I had over did it but when I opened our door to see Dylan standing there in a black suit with a red tie, I knew I looked fine, sort of.

"You look beautiful." Dylan said, sticking his arm out for me to hold onto too.

"You look beautiful too." I said, sort of struck by how handsome he really looked. I heard him chuckle and immediately realized what I said.

"Handsome! I mean you look handsome." Dylan chuckled again.

"I knew what you meant Braydon, it's fine." He smiled. I don't know why I was so nervous for this date, as soon as Dylan and I started talking I instantly felt better about the whole thing. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

+++

We arrived at the restaurant in about forty minutes just like Dylan had predicted. The restaurant was located in downtown LA and it sort of surprised me how I had never came here before. But once we sat down at our table I then realized why I had never thought to come here. Everything was so expensive I didn't think I'd even be able to afford a glass of water. Everyone seated around us seemed so rich and put together, then again that's how most people looked in LA.

"What type of wine do you like?" Dylan asked, putting down his menu and smiling at me.

"I don't know, I've never had real wine before."

"Really?" I nodded.

"Well the wine they have here is amazing I'll make sure to get the best one."

"No Dylan don't, just get the cheapest one." My dad always bought cheap wine and let me drink some even thought I'm underage, I somehow learned to love cheap wine other than "real" wine.

"Braydon don't worry about it, I'm friends with the owners son, I can get us the wine for free okay?" He smiled his charming smile at me. I sat back in the booth and nodded.

"So what should I order? Everything on here sounds amazing." I said and it was true. I had skimmed over the menu and everything seemed perfect.

"Well I personally love the fettuccini alfredo, but the t-"

"Yes that's what I'll have!" I said immediately, because I love fettuccini alfredo and because I didn't need more options weighing me down.

"Great, I'll have that too."

We made small talk as we waited for out food to come. I couldn't help but notice how... normal our conversation was. With Harry we would either be yelling at each other or laughing. I hated how I was comparing Dylan and Harry. They were nothing a like, and I like Dylan much more than Harry. Dylan is such a gentleman and is great company, Harry is rude and obnoxious.

I wasn't expecting the food to come fast since it was a busy restaurant and there were lots of people here, but I was praying it would arrive soon because I'm starving.

"Is that Harry?" Dylan said suddenly, snapping me out of my trance.

"What?" I asked, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"Yeah. Isn't that Harry over there." Dylan stuck his head out of the booth and looked to where the entrance was. Soon enough came Harry and he just plopped himself down in our booth right next to Dylan and slinging his arm around his shoulder. I could feel my jaw going slack and I was sure I was gaping at him.

"What a coincidence seeing you two here." Harry smiled sarcastically. What is he doing here?

"Yeah... hey man." Dylan said awkwardly, probably taken back by his friend's unexpected appearance.

"I thought you were going to that party tonight?" Harry shook his head.

"Nah, I wasn't really in a party mood tonight." I was in complete shock. He clearly said yesterday that he was going to that party, and now he was here. Wait, is he trying to ruin my date?

"Harry can I... can I talk to you outside for a minute please." I said through gritted teeth.

"Of course you can Braydon Alaska. If you'll excuse us Dylan." Harry said with that fake smile plastered on his face. Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me outside of the restaurant before Dylan could object. I felt bad for him, he probably had no idea what was going on. But then again neither did I.

Once we were outside Harry let go of my arm and stuck his hands in his pockets, that stupid grin still playing on his lips. I wanted to smack it off of him.

"What are you doing here?" I seethed, absolutely tired of all this bullshit he puts me through.

"I just decided to come here for dinner and you two happened to be here." Harry shrugged casually.

"No, what are you really doing here? You even said yesterday that you were going to that frat party and now you're here. Why?" My anger was boiling over the top now. The grin that was somehow plastered on his face was replaced with a scowl and anger now. He didn't say anything however.

"You're here to ruin my date aren't you? You drove 40 minutes just so you could ruin my date, didn't you?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. Harry still didn't answer and I was fed up with it.

"Why do you always try to embarrass me and ruin things for me Harry? I did nothing to you so why are you always mean to me." My voice was getting louder and I was amazed that it hadn't cracked with emotion yet.

"Maybe I don't want you going out with Dylan." He finally said, his voice matching mine.

"Why would it matter to you? You said you wanted nothing to do with me and now you're saying you don't want me going out with Dylan? What are you trying to do to me Harry?" I yelled, my face probably red with anger. Harry's fist balled at his sides and he took a deep breath.

"I hate you!" I yelled, surprising myself with how loud and strong my voice sounded. Harry's eyes widened in shock but then went back to glaring at me.

"Say it again." Harry demanded, taking a step closer to me.

"I hate you." I said again, my eyes meeting his blazing ones, my voice still going strong.

"Again."

"I, hate, you."

"Say it like you fucking mean it Braydon!" Harry yelled his fists shaking with anger by his sides.

"I hate-" I couldn't even finish the sentence before Harry's lips crashed onto mine, shocking me. One of his hands grabbing onto my waist and the other on my jaw. My hands immediately went to his chest as I tried to push him off me. He didn't budge one bit but his lips barely moved off mine to say,

"Kiss me back Braydon."

And against my better judgment, I did.

"I'm so fixated on the girl with the soft sound, and hair all over the place."
-
don't forget to vote, thank you :)