Eight | MYA

I feel restless

I feel restless.

After the awkward situation with Deacon seeing me in my barely nothing there pajamas, I wasn't sure if I should still come with him to Lilah's soccer game, not sure if he'd want me there or if he'd want space. Besides, I had the morning off so it wasn't like I had to be there but Lilah did ask me to come, so I wasn't going to let her down by not coming because her dad practically saw my ass cheeks last night.

With my mind made up, I fling the covers off of me and head for the bathroom to get ready. Thirty minutes later, my breath is minty fresh, I'm showered and dressed in a pair of black biker shorts and a pink crop top with a pair of black sneakers and I swooped my hair up into a dark ponytail before making my way downstairs.

I can hear Lilah laughing by the time I reach the bottom step and when I walk into the kitchen I see that Deacon had swipe some whip cream on her nose. Her hair is pulled into a high ponytail and she's dressed in a yellow and blue soccer uniform with the number twenty-three on the back of her jersey.

"Good morning." I greet the both of them, as I make my way over.

Deacon made pancakes using chocolate chips to make a smiley face and whip cream as the hair.

"Look Mya! Daddy made me!" Lilah points to her pancake creation.

"Wow! You look beautiful!" I gush, smiling widely before going over to the fridge for some orange juice. Deacon leans against the counter, wiping whip cream off his hand, still not able to look at me. "I wonder what else your daddy can do with whip cream."

Deacon's head snapped up at my comment, his dark eyes blaze as he looks at me, sending a thrill down my spine. It's the same look he had last night when he saw me in my pajamas. I was playing a dangerous game. I know that. But I can't help but feel like maybe he's more attracted to me than he knows or will allow himself to be. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm making a fool of myself and making him uncomfortable.

I suddenly don't feel so brave anymore, and I break our gaze to look inside the fridge, pulling out the container of orange juice.

"Mya, are you coming to my game today?" Lilah asks as she pops a chocolate chip in her mouth.

"If you still want me to." I answer just before shutting the fridge door.

"Mya's not working this morning princess. She doesn't have to come." Deacon interjects.

"I want to come." I reassure the both of them.

"Seriously Mya. I know you're not working today. Victoria is with Annie's mother until tomorrow. You don't have to come." Deacon tries to tell me again.

"I want to," I repeat. "Is it okay with you?"

"Yeah. Of course." He doesn't sound too convincing but I ignore it because I'm going for Lilah, not for him anyways.