Edge of Sanity | Layla | Two

Even asleep, Victor Tan once again reminds me that God in fact does have favorites.

After watching the episodes of The Bachelor together, including the finale and the After The Final Rose, we decided to watch an episode of friends and ten minutes into the first episode of season five, Tan fell asleep.

I bring myself back to the present where Tan still laid our living room floor fast asleep. I smile as I watch his sleeping figure on the carpet floor, legs outstretched in front of him, head tilted back on the couch behind him with his mouth slightly parted as he breathes evenly in and out. I thought about taking a picture and uploading it to my Instagram, but that would probably do more good than damage seeing how even asleep he was the sexiest man I'd ever laid eyes on.

    Dressed in a pair of light colored jeans and a plain white tee that stretched over his fit body, it's no wonder why girls everywhere go crazy for him. My eyes linger on the small piece of taunt tan skin that's exposed thanks to his shirt being lifted up slightly. Seeing him shirtless more times than I can count, I knew first hand just how fit Tan is. But what I didn't know, what I craved to know, was how each hard plane of his body felt underneath my fingertips and pressed against my body like he's done with Bonnie since they met each other.

I need to get over this silly crush on my best-friend. Which is exactly why I desperately needed this makeover. Maybe with this new look I'd finally be able to do what practically every twenty year-eight old my age was doing- date. There had to be some guy out there that would make me get over Tan.

I walk over to the couch and shake his shoulder. His head snapped up, his eyes fluttering open. His eyes were a pretty shade of beer bottle brown, and framed with impossible long light black lashes.

"Wake up sleepyhead." I smile down at the haziness in his eyes.

"I fell asleep?" He looks around disoriented as he stretches out his arms, causing his shirt to ride up more and I force myself not to look.

"Just for a little bit."

He stands and fixes his shirt back into place. "I'm sorry. I had a late night."

I didn't want to think about the kind of late night he had. "If you want to take a nap, you can go ahead and go to your room. I'm just gonna start unpacking."I tell him. Despite my best efforts to thwart him, Tan insisted that I move into his guest bedroom until I found a place of my own. I told him I was more than happy get a roommate because I didn't want to cramp his style or invade his privacy, but he assured me that it made more sense for me to move in with him and save money versus me staying with a stranger in a new state.

    As much as I was against it at first, I have to admit it's nice not having to worry about sharing a space with a complete stranger and worry about if they'd get annoyed with me playing NSYNC at nine in the morning on a random day or worry about them bringing a guy over and I'd have to hear them have sex.

Of course here I'd have to worry about hearing Tan and Bonnie have sex.

    "Maybe just an hour." Tan agrees sheepishly. "Then I'll help you unpack and if you want, we can go meet up with the team for lunch." He suggest.

"Raincheck on meeting the team. I'm gonna be too tired from unpacking and I want to get to bed early before the first day of work tomorrow." I tell him.

"Aw, you're no fun Lay." Tan pouts as he walks to his bedroom.

I shrug. "Yet you still keep me around."

"Always want you around goofy girl." Tan replies before using one arm to bring into a hug. On instant, I relax in his arms and inhale his spicy and warm scent.

"Alright, get out of here and get some sleep. Lunch is on me when you wake up." I tell him, pushing out of his embrace. It was getting harder and harder to pretend that I didn't want anything more than just his friendship.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tan asks, his brow eyes scan my face as if trying to read my mind, desperately trying to find a way to make me feel better if it was in his power. That's just the kind of friend Tan is... he would always be there to slay my dragons.

"I'm fine. Just jetlagged." I lie, hoping like hell he believes me.

"Wake me up if you change your mind." Tan tells me and I nod my head, knowing I wouldn't be changing my mind.

Tan heads for his bedroom and gives me one of his heart stopping smiles before he walks into bedroom. I start to head back to the living room to clean up our mess when I hear his voice, stopping me in my tracks.

"I'm happy you're here Layla."

"Me too." I say with a smile before walking off towards the living room. I wander over to the couch and pick up the remote and shut off the tv before piling our food on top of each other and pick it up and take it with me into the trash can in the kitchen. Once I'm sure there isn't any more trash in the living room and the kitchen is tidy, I go into my room. My suitcase lays open on top of my bed and I push it off to the side, not having an ounce of energy to even think about unpacking. Instead, I lay on my back in bed and pull out my cellphone. The screen lights up with a notification from Instagram.

Instagram
(LaylaDavis): VictorTan recently added to his story. 1hr ago

I swipe up on the notification and is instantly taken to Instagram and I'm watching Tan's recent story post. It was me. Dipping my hashbrown into my ketchup and doing a little happy dance after taking the first bite. The text over it said: Reunited and it feels so good 🫶🏾

Then why don't I feel good? Maybe because this video is just a reminder that this is all that Tan will ever see me as: his goofy best-friend he met when he was working Vice and that will never change.