Nineteen | Deacon

I'm the first person she sees when she enters the house

There was no way in hell I was going to sleep while she was still out there with that guy. The last guy she went out with drugged her, there was no way I was taking a chance with this guy.  Though I knew he had to be decent if Hondo was practically forcing him on his daughter.

I met Michael, once. It was right after he was shot; we were chasing down suspects and bullets were flying and one of them accidentally hit Michael. He could've bled out on the street if it wasn't for Hondo's quick thinking.

He's a good kid. Played football all through out high school, got a full scholarship to a D-1 university and never even got a speeding ticket.

But I don't care about any of that. Not when he was trying to make a move on what's mine. And Mya's mine. I fought the connection for so long and now I didn't have the fight left in me anymore.

I take a step forward.

She takes a step back.

I move again and so does she.

"You didn't have to wait up for me." She snaps, her eyebrows pinching together. "I was perfectly safe. So you can go right to your room and-"

I reach out and wrap a hand around her throat, pulling her mouth to mine.

She whimpers, surprised and a little turned on and nothing else matters except for us in this moment. Without breaking the kiss, I walk us over to the living room and sit her down on my couch.

She breaks the kiss. "What are you doing?"

I ignore her question and dive in for her lips again, tasting the vanilla ice cream on her tongue and feeling her warm body against me.

"No." She pushes at my shoulders.

I stand up straight, my heart still hammering in my chest thanks to our kiss. "I'm sorry."

"For?"

"For saying it was a mistake. For going on that date..."

"For making it seem like I'm some young girl who has daddy issues." She finishes.

"I know that's not that case. You're a smart, independent and mature woman who understands their emotions and knows how to act on them."

"So did you have fun on your date?" She asks, sounding rather calm.

"No."

"I'm sorry." She replies but I can tell she's obviously not sincere.

"No, you're not."

"I'm not." She giggles and God, I need to kiss her again. I lean down to capture her lips before she pulls her head back.

I scrunch a brow at her. "I want to finish my ice cream." She tells me and I look at the ice cream container she managed to keep holding in her hands.