Edge of Sanity | Tan | Six

It took everything in me not to chase after Layla

It took everything in me not to chase after Layla. I stare at the door wondering what they could be doing on the other side. Was she holding his hand? Was she smiling at him the way she smiles at me? Was she kissing him?

My blood boils at the thought.

Layla was too innocent for this guy. I knew from the moment I saw him. I knew what kind of man he was. He was the type who knew he was good looking and knew how to use his charm and looks on women to get what he wants. Layla didn't stand a chance.

As her friend, it's my job to protect her even when she doesn't think she needs protecting.

She told me where they were going. Maybe I could-

"Where are you going?" Bonnie's voice is like a bucket of ice down my back, bringing me back to the present. I arch a brow at her only to realize that I moved away from her and was now standing at the door with my hand on the doorknob, ready to chase after someone that wasn't my girlfriend.

Shit. What is wrong with me?

I was just making sure the door was locked." I lied. I make my way back to Bonnie who now has a suspicious gleam in her eyes. I don't blame her. Would I have really gone after Layla? Why did I care so much that she was on a date? I told myself that it was just because she needed protection, but deep down for a reason I wasn't going to dig deeper into, I knew that wasn't the reason. "Come on. Let's finish watch the movie." I tried to pull her back towards the couch but she doesn't budge.

"Tan."

"What's wrong?"

"That's funny, I was getting ready to ask you the same thing." Bonnie replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Is there something going on between you and Layla?"

"What? Of course not! Why would you even think that?"

"Because you've been acting funny ever since she arrived, because it looked like you two were about to kiss when I walked into the room." Sadness fills Bonnie's voice as we stand in the middle of my living room.

It was supposed to be about us today. We've barely been able to see each other with the hours both of us have been putting in for work and so finally we today we both had a some time to spend together. We were both too tired to go out so we decided on a movie at my apartment and everything was going great until I saw Layla in that fucking dress.

She was always beautiful and lately I've been noticing things about her that I didn't notice before. Like how shapely his backside is, how full her lips are and smooth her skin is and all of that was heightened by that damn red dress.

Red like blood.

Red like passion.

Red like fire.

The way the silk material clung to her curves should've been a sin and when she asked me to help zip her up, everything in me, especially my cock screamed at me to rip it off of her instead.