Seventeen | Deacon

I'm not sure what I expected

I'm not sure what I expected. After leaving work last night I impulsively called Janette, Luca's friend and invited her to a late donner at a cafe not too far from either of us.

Jeanette is a beautiful woman. Tall, beer bottle brown eyes, slender and long hair as a black as a raven. We talk and conversation is great, I learn that she's the Unit Chief of all special agents, she's well traveled, well spoken and she's a little bit of a nerd. So why couldn't I feel something for her? Why was I sitting there thinking about Mya?

I knew she'd be at home waiting for me. But how could I face her after what we did? After what I did? I'm old enough to be her father for crying out loud! That's old enough to know that last night and this morning's events should have never happened.  Even though I know this though, it doesn't stop me from wanting to get home to her. It took all of my restraint not to pull her into my arms and kiss her when I came home and saw her in the kitchen. Her eyes burned with anger at my lateness and ignorance to call, but even angry she was still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She curled her hair, her lips shined and looked fuller than usual and she was wearing those tiny shorts she likes to wear that hugs her ass. But as much as I wanted to find out with flavor lip gloss she had on, I had to end this. And thank God she agreed. I don't know what I would've done if she decided to leave me and the girls.

The next morning she's up early like she usually is and I find her in the kitchen flipping an omelette. But that's not what surprised me; though I did half expect her to let me starve and fend for myself before going to work this morning- no, what surprised me was the fact that she was dressed in one of her flimsy pajamas. This time it wasn't the silk white one with the pink flowers on it, this one was a short simple red lace cami nightdress. Her breast look deliciously perky for six in the morning and all I can do is grip the counter so I don't reach out and grab them.

I clear my throat, hoping it would distract me from the direction of my thoughts. "Good morning."

"Morning." She doesn't look up from the omelette. "I'm making a veggie omelette, I hope you're okay with that."

"Yeah, sounds good."

She silently moves around the kitchen, taking down a plate from the cabinet and a fork from the drawer. She's so at ease here now and I realize that I like having her here in my space. Not once though does she look in my direction. I know I'm the one who told her we should act like yesterday didn't happen but I didn't want it to be awkward between us either.

She picks up the pan from the stove and hold it over the plate until the omelette plops down on the plate. She pushes the plate with the fork in front of me as well as place my travel mug full of coffee in front of me.

"Have a good day at work." She tells me, still not looking at me, driving me crazy. I need to see her eyes. I need to... I don't know what I need. I just know I need her.

She walks past me, ready to walk out the kitchen when I reach out and pull her back to me so that she's flushes against my body. I have the pleasure of her hearing her sharp intake of breath and watch as her eyes widen. Is it in fear or excitement?