Twenty | MYA

A week later, I finished dropping off Lilah and Victoria at Annie's mom's

A week later, I finished dropping off Lilah and Victoria at Annie's mom's. She was keeping them for the weekend which works out perfectly because Luca and Street are having people over for a housewarming now that the remodeling is done.

Deacon's been getting more involved with this private security company he's trying to start up with an old friend of his so I haven't seen him much these last two days unless he's kissing me goodbye.

It's tempting to tell Luca we can't make it, but I know how much being there to celebrate tonight means to him so Deacon and I will be there.

I greet the team who are all huddled inside Luca and Street's home.

I hug Deacon last, making sure not to hug him too tightly or too long.

"Hey guys," I chirp. "Sorry I'm late."

Deacon casts his eyes towards my direction then look away and I fight the urge to smile.

I woke up earlier than usual this morning and joined him in his shower where we stayed until the water ran cold. He's got a lot more stamina than I pegged him for and I'm so sore; but I can't complain.

"You're right on time Mya." Chris reassures me. "How have you been? I feel like we talked more when you were away at college."

"I'm sorry." I blush.

"I'm just messing with you," She teases me then looks at Deacon. "You must be working her pretty hard Deac."

"Oh, you have no idea," I tease. "Deacon has me working overtime."

Deacon starts to cough violently and I bite my lip to keep from smiling before I go on into the kitchen. I dump my purse on the counter then grab a beer then take up an empty seat on the couch next to Bonnie, Tan's girlfriend on the couch.

My phone suddenly buzzes in my hand. I look down at the text from Deacon.

Deacon: That wasn't funny.

Me: It was a a little funny. 😝

Deacon: what, almost making me choke to death? 😒

Me: Call it payback for making me choke this morning...

Deacon: I don't remember you complaining...

Me: my mouth was too full...

Deacon is pulled into conversation with Mumford so he doesn't reply. Deciding to tease him, I pull out my phone and pull up our last conversation.

Me: I wish it was full right now.

I look across the room to see Deacon read my text with a very stern look on his face.

I send him another one.

Me: Thinking of how good it would feel to ride your face...

He clears his throat then gives me a warning look. I bite my lip to keep from laughing and I eventually turn my attention to Bonnie and initiate a conversation.

I'm having a great time; no one here treats me like a kid. No one looks at me like I'm the bosses daughter. I'm just Mya to them. I'm family.

Over the next hour we drink beers, talk, joke around, play foosball and a game of darts. Deacon and I remain on opposite sides of the room until I get up to use the bathroom.

The door opens and I jerk startled momentarily until I see that it's Deacon.

"That wasn't funny." Deacon warns me.

"I wasn't trying to make you laugh." I smile.

"So what were you trying to do then?" Deacon demands, but I can tell he's not angry. "Give away our secret?"

"And you don't think being alone with me in the bathroom won't give it away?" I raise a brow at him.

"I miss you." Deacon walks over to me.

"I miss you too." I wrap my arms around his neck. Deacon leans in, capturing my lips and I tighten my arms around his neck.

"When I get back -" Luca starts to stay when he barges in the bathroom without knocking causing Deacon and I to jump apart but not fast enough. "My bad guys." Luca apologizes, looking between Deacon and I like a deer caught in headlights before he quickly shuts the door behind him.

"Fuck," Deacon curses, curling his hands into a fist.

"Do you think he'll tell anyone?"

"I don't think so. He's cool." Deacon reassures me.

"Maybe it's a good thing he knows. Keeping this a secret was fun at first, but now I'm thinking we should let people know."

"Let them know what? That I'm fucking the boss's daughter? I don't think so."

I cross my arms over my chest. "Is that all you're doing?" I wonder. I like him. I really like him. But I don't want to fall for him if I'm just some mid-life criss.

Deacon's eyes soften when he looks at me. "No, of course not." He sighs. "I just think we don't need to announce it just yet. At least not until I talk with your dad first. I owe him at least that."

"Okay." I agree reluctantly, knowing that he was right. The worst thing we could do is have my dad find out about us from his teammmates instead of us coming to him and admitting it ourselves.

"Listen, I'm gonna leave first then you wait a minute then leave."

I nod my head and Deacon kisses my forehead before he quietly leaves the room. I wait an extra minute or two before walking out the bathroom. Everything is just how we left it; Tan and Street are going at it at the foosball table with Chris clearly on Team Street as she cheers him on and sips her beer. Brockner and Mumford are deep into a conversation, Bonnie is giving Deacon a lesson in darts and I scan the room to see Luca leaning against a wall sipping a beer and when our eyes meet I know he has so much he wants to ask and tell me. I know I should leave it alone, but Luca is like an older brother to me and I can't help but feel like I've disappointed him somehow.

I hate that feeling.

I casually walk over to him, taking up the space next to him on the wall.

For a minute he doesn't say anything and I'm afraid to start.

"So, you and Deacon?" He asks, looking straight ahead.

"Yeah."

"How long?" He takes a sip of his beer.

"Two weeks?" I answer.

"And he's not forcing himself on you right?"

"No of course not! We both want this." I tell him.

"Does Hondo know?"

"Do you think we'd both be alive right now if my dad knew?" I say, trying to make light of the situation.

"He's your dad's best friend Mya and not to mention your dad is his boss," Deacon reminds me. "I don't have to tell you how messed up that is do I?"

"I know. We tried to stop it, we really did, but we were just drawn to each other."

"You don't have to explain anything to me. As long as you're being careful and you're sure that is your choice, then I got your back. Both of you. You don't have to worry about me telling anyone."

I smile.

"You're the best Luca." I kiss his cheek.

He look at me and smile. "Yeah, I know."
-------
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter
Thank you so much for the comments on previous chapters, they truly make my day.
I love you guys! ❤️ Oh, and Happy Halloween 🎃