Nine | Mya

I purse my lips together as I apply the last coat of lip gloss to my lips to complete the look

I purse my lips together as I apply the last coat of lip gloss to my lips to complete the look. My hair is lose waves and I added extensions to make it longer, loving how it cascades mid stomach.

I take a step back and admire myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a two piece gold shimmering set. Nothing was left the imagination tonight. Only my nipples were covered by the frills of the top which I was giving a lot of faith to not pop tonight. And the frills on the skirt covered the tan shorts underneath which gave the illusion that there was nothing there but bare skin. It was risky for sure, but Taylor did tell me to wear something sexy...

I match it with a pair of gold high heels and opt for no jewelry since the outfit was eye catching enough. Once Taylor tells me she's around the corner, I collect my phone and gold clutch and make my way downstairs.

Deacon hasn't talked to me much since he dropped Lilah off at Annie's mother's house for the weekend. I'm not really sure what I did, but I was suddenly glad to be leaving the house for the night. Hopefully whatever crawled up his ass would be out of him by tomorrow morning.

Even though I don't need his permission and he's been snappy at me all day, my manners prevail I stop by the living room to tell him I'm leaving and where I'm going; my dad always told me to make sure at least one person knows where I am in case of an emergency.

I find Deacon sitting on the couch reading the book that's on his lap. He looks up at the sound of my heels clicking against the tile floor and I notice the flash of surprise in his eyes at my appearance but he quickly banks it away.

"Hey, Taylor and Conor are about to pick me up. We're going out dancing." I tell him.

"You look wow." Deacon says, sounding breathless.

"Really? Thank you." My stupid heart starts beating ridiculously fast at his compliment.

"What club are you guys going to?"

"Not sure. Whatever club Taylor decides to go to." I tell him.

"I can pick you guys up if you're too drunk to drive later." Deacon offers.

"Oh, no that's fine. I won't be drinking too much. Besides, I'm spending the night out." I remind him. My phone lights up with an "outside" text from Connor and I start to turn to head for the door. "They're here. I'll see you tomorrow Deacon."

"You're not spending the night out." Deacon tells me and I look back to see that he stood up from his seat.

"Uh, it kinda sounded like you're trying to tell me what to do and if I remember correctly I'm off the clock so you don't get that privilege." I say to him.

"You're not spending the night out." He ignores me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes, I am." I frown at him, then continue to walk towards the front door.