Chapter 1

Mike stepped out of his car and felt the cool October air hit his face. He saw lots of kids heading in already. He walked to the school and saw his friends. They were laughing about something Lucas had said. Lucas is Mike's best friend. He's glad to have him. Then he saw a familiar brunette boy. Will Byers. He was talking with his friends.

Mike has had a crush on Will since 8th grade. But he never mustered up the courage to talk to him. In fear of rejection and homophobia. I mean it is the 80s. Of course Lucas knows about this crush. He always tells Mike "Go for it man!" But of course Mike can't bring himself to do it. They were now sophomores. If he wants to ask Will out he better do it now. Or else someone else might come to him.

The bell rang and of course the only exciting part about Mike's class was Will. He had English first. He walked to class and sat with his friends. He never liked the way they treated Will. He wanted to stand up to them. But he couldn't. He looked lovely at Will. He was so focused on what the teacher had to say. Of course Will could feel someone staring and turned around. Mike quickly looked out the window as if nothing happened.

The teacher said they had a project to work on. They were picking partners. "Alright. Lucas with Dustin. Tyler with Kyler. Jane with Max. Jennifer with Lisa." The teacher went on. Mike begged for him to pick his name. "And Mike and Will." Just his luck. Will turned and looked at Mike then turned around quickly.

The class soon got with their partners. Mike got up and went to Will's desk. "Hello again cutie." Mike winked. Will rolled his eyes. "Alright. What movie are we going for?" Will said. Mike has always loved Will's voice. So sweet and innocent. "Uh Miike?" Will asked, snapping Mike out of his thoughts. "How about The Goonies?" Will suggested. "Sure cutie." Mike said.

Will blushed a little. The bell soon rang and Will got up and left. "Wait Will!" Mike called rushing after him. "Yeah?" Will asked. "Do you want to work on the project at my house?" He asked. "Sure." Will said "Here's my address." Mike said. Will nodded and joined his friends.

Lucas came up behind him. "So. Byers?" Lucas asked, giving Mike a knowing look. "Shut up Lucas. I'm taking my time." Mike said. "Alright man." Lucas said walking off. Mike was glad to have a supportive friend like Lucas. Everyone else just would've left him and probably told the whole school about his boy crush.

Mike was doing some of with History homework when the bell rung. He heard his mom answer the door. Someone knocked on his door. "Come on." Mike said. And of course it was the boy he loved since the 8th grade. "Hey Will!" He said happy for him to be here. "Hey" He said quietly, shutting the door. "Lets work on my bed.' Mike said. Will nodded then looked round Mike room. It was a bit messy. "Sorry about the mess. I forgot to clean it." Mike said.

He looked at his blank History homework and sighed. If he got another 'F' his mom would surely ground him. Will sat on his bed awkwardly not knowing what to do. "Okay! Goonies!" Mike said suddenly cating Will by surprise. "Yeah. You watched it before right?" Will asked. "Duh. Who hasn't," Mike said.

They soon got to work. Well Will did most of the work. Mike tried to help but he was bad at this. He was at school. They got some work done and Will was about to leave then Will saw MIkes homework. "Do you need help with this?" Will asked. "Could you?" Mike asked. Will nodded. Now they were doing even more work. But not on the project but on Mike's History homework.

Mike flopped down. "I don't understand any of this." Mike said. "Oh quit your whining." Will said. "Only for you, beautiful." Mike said. Will was hoping he would get the hint but of course he didn't. Will just simply rolled his eyes. "Do you want my help or not?" Will asked. "Yes." Mike said refocusing on the homework in front of him. "How do you not understand this?" Will asked. "Well simply because your smart and im dumb." Mike said. "Your not dumb." Will said. "Sure im not. Im failing school." Mike whined.

Will rolled his eyes and smiled. "You just gotta pay more attention." Will said. "I try to." Mike said. Will sighed. They finished with Mike's homework and Will left. Mike wanted him to stay but he couldn't bring himself to ask him.

Mike flopped on his bed and rewinded the memory of Will being here. His perfect chestut hair. His beautiful green eyes. His cute nose. Mike also loved how he was smaller than he was. He loved how smart Will was. He is a straight A student!

Mike's thoughts soon disappeared as he dozed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 859