Chapter 7

Will woke up with a bit of a headache. He looked around the room not realizing where he was at first. But then the events of last night came flooding into his brain. "Oh." He muttered. He looked up and realized Dustin wasn't there. He then heard a knock. He looked up to see Dustin Henderson already dressed for school. "Jeez. I thought you were dead." Dustin joked.

Will rolled his eyes. He reached into his backpack and grabbed some clothes. He went to the bathroom to change. Dustin then kncked loudly which startled Will. "Whe're gping to be late!" Dustin yelled. Will huffed. He didn'tfeel like going to school today. But he knew he had too. His mom would freak.He walked out and Dustin eyes windened.

"Woah. I didn't notice your eye." Duatin said. "What?" Will asked. "You have a black eye." Dustin said. Great. Will didn't want people asking qusitions. Will headed out of the bathroom and was practically dragged out of the house by Dustin. They got on their bikes and rode to school. Will started to count the trees as they passed. He counted them all the way until he reached school.

He saw his friends waiting for him. He immediately jumped off his bike and walked over to his friends. Their faces went white. Like they just saw a ghost. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" Jane asked. Will nodded. "What happened?" Max asked. "Dad happened." Will rolled his eyes. "You need to talk to your mom Will. Or the police." Dustin said. Will sighed. The bell rang and they soon dashed to their classes.

Mike had noticed his black eye. I mean it was hard not to. He got worried. Why wouldn't he. Will was heading to the bathroom so he thought that it might be the perfect time to ask him.

Will got out of the bathroom and spotted Mike. Will huffed and went over to the sink. "So? You probably know what I'm going to ask you." Mike said. "I'm fine Mike." Will said. "Your clearly not fine Will." Mike said. "Why do you care Mike!" Will snapped. "I just do! What's going on with you Will. I'm just trying to help." Mike said softly putting a hand on Will's shoulder. "Leave me alone Michael!" Will said pushing past Mike. Mike was left in confusion, worry, and hurt. Mike sighed getting to his next class.

"He was just trying to help you Will. Just because you had a bad past with an athlete doesn't mean that all are bad." Jane said. "Yea I guess your right. I should go apologize." Will said. "Yea. He even can to ask asking what was with you." Max said. "Did you tell him?" Will asked. "No." Dustin said. Will nodded and got up. "See you all tomorrow." Will said grabbing his bike.

Will biked to Mikes house trying to think of an apology. He really did feel bad. He shouldn't have lashed out on Mike like that. It wasn't his fault. He soon reached the Wheeler's residence.

He knocked kn the door and was greeted by Karen. "Hey Will. He's upstairs. But he's a bit upset. Do you know what happened?" She asked slightly worried for her son. "I think I do. I'll talk to him." Said Will. "Okay dear." She said.

Will made his way upstairs. He knocked on the door and heard a a faint 'come in.' He came in a saw Mike. "Hey." He said softly. "Hey." Mike said. "Can I come in?" He asked. "Sure." Mike shrugged. Will came in and sat on his bed. They sat in awkward silence for a few seconds. "I'm sorry." Will said. "Huh." Mike looked up. "I'm sorry for being a jerk earlier. I was going through shit and shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm sorry." Will said.

Mike smiled. "It's fine Will. And I hope you know that I truly care for you. You can talk to me you know." Mike said. Will smiled. "Thank you Mike. That means a lot." Will said.

They sat in silence once more. "Hey Will." Mike spoke up. "Yea?" Will asked. "Why did you hate me at the beginning? I know what you thought. What everyone always thinks of people like me. athletes." Mike said. "I really shouldn't have hated on you. I do regret that. I just had a bad past with one of your friends. He got me thinking that everyone was like him. But I guess that's not true. I'm sorry." Will said. "It's alright to have trust issues. And they're not my friends. At least I don't consider them my friends. They're all jerks. All of them expect for Lucas. My best friend." Mike said with a smile.

That made Will smile. Mike took a deep breath. "You know what tomorrow is?" Mike asked. "Friday?" Will asked. "Yes. But it's also my game. I don't know if you would want to but I would appreciate it if you were there." Mike said. Will looked at him. "But if you don't want to you don't have to. If you don't like sports. Or people." Mike rambled. Will giggled. "I'll think about." Will said with a bright smile. Mike really is in love.

Will got up. "I'll see you tomorrow." Will said. "Bye Will." Mike said. As Will was riding home a million thoughts spilled into his mind. Maybe he was wrong about Mike. Maybe he really was Abington to judgmental.

Will opened the door and was immediately greeted by his mother. "Where were you!" Joyce said worried. "I was at Mikes." Will said then noticing his fathers look. Joyce sighed. "Imma go work on homework." Will said. "Alright honey." Joyce said. "Also mom." Will said grabbing his moms attention again. "Yes?" She asked. "Is it alright if I go to tomorrow game?" Will ask. "Really?" Joyce asked. Will nodded. "Mike wants me there." Will said. "Sure honey. Just don't stay out too late. Alright?" Joyce asked. "Okay!" Will said happily.

For some reason he was know excited to got to the game. He doesn't even like sports. Or maybe just because Mikes there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see... I suck at endings! I will be posting more on this book now that your highness is done! Hope you've enjoyed this chapter!

Words: 1058