Chapter 15

Richie and Eddie are leaving today. Will and Eddie were hugging and saying goodbye. They exchanged numbers. Will still felt a little uneasy about the party. He thought that Mike would be mad at him. But of course he wasn't. It wasn't his fault.

After Reddie left Mike and Will had to go to school. "What if everyone knows what happened?" Will asked. "So what? What are they gonna do?" Mike said. Will gave him a sad look and Mike kissed his cheek.

They walked in the school and everyone gave them weird looks. Will doesn't know if it's because Mike beat up the team captain? Or everyone knows their together. "Imma go to the library for a bit." Will said. "Want me to go with?" Mike asked. "No. I just need some time alone." Will said. Mike nodded and Will was off.

Mike went to his locker and Kristy showed up. "Hey." She said. "Hey?" Mike asked. "Do you like me?" She asked. Mike just stood there. She said that so straight forward. "No." He said. "Come on. You have to like me after that kiss." She winked. "It was a game." Mike said. She's so dumb. Mike thought. "Well who wouldn't like me". She said. Mike was getting annoyed fast. "Look Kristy. Your cool and all but I don't like you." Mike said.

She scoffed. "Your loss." She said walking away. Mike walked to class and saw Will already there. He took a seat next to him. He gave Will and soft smile. Will smiled back at him.

Lucas came up to Mike with a nervous look. "Hey dude." Mike said as Lucas approached him. "Coach want to talk to you. I don't think it's good." Lucas said. Mike nodded and headed towards the gym.

He walked in and saw his coach with a disappointed looks. Mike quickly thought about what he wanted to talk about. "Tyler told me about what happened. You beat up your team captain. He also told me about Will." He said. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone. But you can't hurt your own teammates. ESPECIALLY your team captain. Turn in you jersey. Your off the team."

Mike handed the couch his jersey and walked away. Mike didn't feel sad, disappointed, or mad. He doesn't even like basketball. He knows that his father would make a big deal about it though.

Mike headed over to the library. Will's in there once again. He found Will silently reading in a corner. "Hey babe." Mike said. "Hey." Will said not looking up from his book. "Guess who's off the team?" Mike said. That got Will's attention. "You?" He asked. Mike nodded. "Oh my god Mike!" Will exclaimed getting up. "How are you feeling? I'm sorry sorry! This is all my fault!"

Mike chuckled at his rambling. Mike grabbed Will face and gently kissed his forehead. Will blushed slightly. "It's alright Will. It wasn't your fault. I told you before I'm not into basketball. It's never been my thing." Mike said. Will thought for a moment. "What about your dad?" Will asked "I don't care. He'll let it go after a while." Mike said pulling Will into a hug.

Will relaxed into Mikes shoulder. Mike kissed the top of his head. Will looked up and Mike gently kissed his lips. Will smiled and rested his head back in Mike shoulder. (I love cute Byler moments! 🥺)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love cute Byler moments! Horrible ending I know! Anyways! Hope you have a wonderful day or night!

Words: 588