Chapter 18

It was now Thanksgiving. The Byers were going over to the Wheelers. Will was on the Walkie-Talkie with Mike. His mom, Joyce, was making Turkey. Karen asked her to bring her Turkey.

"My did was asking me a bunch Asking weird questions about us. I think he might know that we have something going on. Over. Mike said. "Are you sure. Over." Will asked. "Maybe. I don't know. Over."

"Will!" Joyce yelled from the living room. "We have to go!"

"We'll be over there Mike! Over and out!" Will said. Will went to the car and crawled in the backseat. "You ready?" Joyce asking Turing around. "Yes." Was all that Will said.

They drove to Mikes house. Will looked around. They have a flower garden. Pretty. Will thought. Will went up to the front door and n in knocked. Mike opened the door and smiled. "Hey Will! Happy Thanksgiving!" Mike said. "Happy Thanksgiving Mike." Will said entering the house.

Mike grabbed Will's hand. "Let's go." Mike said. They headed up to Mikes room. "You cleaned?" Will asked looking around the now clean room. "You like it?" Mike asked. "I do." Will said. "Your room smells better too." Will said.

Mike chuckled. He sat on his bed Will following. Mike grabbed Will's hand and intertwined their fingers. Will rested his head on Mikes shoulder.

Mike kissed Will's head. Will chuckled sweetly. Mike kissed his hand.

Just then Holly came into their room. "Hey Mikey! Hey Will!" Holly exclaimed happily. "Hey Hol." Will said. "You need something?" Mike asked. "Mommy said Dinners ready." Holly said running out of the room.

Mike audibly groaned making Will laugh. "Aren't you hungry?" Will asked. "A little. But I would rather stay up here with you." Mike said pointing. "Come on." Will laughed.

They let go of each other's hand and went downstairs. They saw their moms talking happily. Nancy and Jonathan are getting along as well.

The two boys are happy that their families are getting along.

They sat down at the dinner table. They started eating and engaging in their own conversations. Mike and Will secretary held hands from under the table.

"This Turkey's really good Ms. Byers." Mike said. "Thank you dear." Joyce said. Will smiled at Mikes politeness.

Ted kept giving Mike and Will the stink eye. Will got uncomfortable and Mike rested his hand on Will's thigh reassuringly. Will felt a bit better.

After dinner Mike and Will went up to Mikes room. Mike cuddled Will. "What are you thankful for?" Will asked. "I think you know that." Mike said. "I know. I just wanna hear you say it." Will said. Mike chuckled. "You. I am thankful for you. I am thankful that I you are my boyfriend. I am thankful that I love you and you love me." Mike said.

Will blushed. "I'm thankful for you too." Will said. Mike kissed the top of his head.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Will decided that it was finally time for Will to come out to his family. He went to the living room where his mom and brother were.

"Mom. Jonathan." Will said. Their attention was now on him. "I need to talk to you. But I don't want you to hate me." Will said. "We won't hate honey. Whatever you say." Joyce said.

Will took a deep breath. "I'm gay. And Mike isn't just a friend. He's my boyfriend." Will said.

His mom and Jonathan went silent. Will thought they hated him. He bursted out crying. "I'm sorry." He cried.

Joyce and Jonathan went to comfort Will. "It's okay Will." Joyce said in a soft voice. "Yea. We don't care." Jonathan said.

Will looked up. He hugged his family. "We will always love you." Joyce said. Jonathan agreed. "Thank you. I love you." Will said.

Will went to his room. He called Mike on his Walkie. "Hey Mike. You there. It's Will. Over." Will said. "Hey Will! What's up? Over. Mike said. "I told them. I told my family. About being gay and about us. Over. Will said. "And? What happened? Everything okay? Over." Mike said.

"They still love me. Over." Will said. "That's great Will! Now I just need to figure out how to tell my parents. Over." Mike said. "Mike. Tell them when your ready. Over." Will said. "I will. I have to go. Tired. Goodnight Will. I love you." Mike said. "Goodnight Mike. I love you too. Over and out." Will said.

Will flopped on his bed and doze off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Will finally came out to his family! About time! Hope you've enjoyed this chapter! Have a wonderful day or night.

Words: 772