Chapter 8

School was over and Will was going with his friends to Mikes game. He is kinda excited. He met up with his friends and they headed to the Gym. Mike and his teammates were still getting ready. When they came to the Gym there were very few people. There will be more people once it gets closer. They found a good spot perfect to see the whole game.

He had brought his sketchbook so he could draw during the game. "You ready for your boyfriends game?" Dustin asked. Will rolled his eyes. "Shut up Dustin. He's just a friend." Will said. "Sure." Max said.

More and more people began to show up. They were lucky to get here early. Will then had to go to the bathroom. Once he got out to wash his hands he ran into Mike. "Will! Hey! Didn't know you were actually going to come." Mike said with a bright smile. "Sure." Will said. Mike chuckled. "I like that sweater on you. You look cute." Mike said. Will felt his face get a little hot. "Oh uh. Thanks." Will said. He cleared his throat. "Good luck at your game." Will said. "Thanks Will!" Mike said ruffling Will's hair. Will got Mikes hand away. Mike let out a soft laugh and a wink while heading into a stall.

Will headed back to his friends with a flustered look. "What happened?" Jane asked. "I saw Mike." Will said. "Of course you did. Your face is all red." Max said. "What did he do?" Asked Dustin. "Called me cute and ruffled my hair. And winked at me." Will said. "Oh he is definitely into you Will." Max said. "He couldn't be. He's just messing with me." Will said. All three of them had the same look. "We aren't going to go out." Will said. "Sure." Jane said. Will rolled his eyes.

Soon the band started playing and the basketball team came out and everyone started cheering. Will started cheering as soon as he saw Mike. Mike then saw Will and Mike couldn't help but have the biggest smile on his face. The cheering soon died down once the game began. Max had to explain how the game worked. He was soon caught up.

Will started drawing in his sketchbook. He started to draw Mike. Will looked at Mike. Mike saw this and grabbed the ball from the opposing team and scored a basket. Mike the looked back at Will and Will had a smile smile.

Jane then shook Will. "God what?" He asked. "Did you see that!" Jane said. "See what?" Will asked. "After Mike looked up at you he immediately got the ball and scored. It was obvious he was trying to impress you!" Have screeched. "No he wasn't." Will argued. "Ugh. You are so dumb." She said. Will rolled his eyes and focused back on the drawing.

The game soon ended and the team were in the locker room. "I saw the way Will looked at you." Lucas winked. "Really?" Mike asked. "Yea. Whatever your doing keep it up. Cause it's working." Lucas chuckled. "He seemed to be drawing most of the time though." Mike said. "Yea and he still looked at the game." Lucas said. Mike rolled his eyes. "You should take him out. To Benny's burgers or something." Lucas said. "Really?" Mike asked. "Oh my god yes! Just ask him out already. Stop dropping all these hints. But what if your wrong? What if he doesn't like me?" Mike said. "Then that's his lose. Besides Will doesn't seem like the type of person to be an asshole. He might still want to be friends IF he does reject. But you don't have to worry about rejection." Lucas said.

He then heard laughter. If was Tyler. "Yea! That fag doesn't even do sports so why is he even here?" Tyler asked. Tyler has always been picking on Will. Mike felt his blood boil.  It before he could say or do anything he felt a hand his shoulder. Lucas didn't want Mike to cause a scene. "Leave it." Lucas whispered.

Mike was walking out of the school when he saw Will and his friends walking to a car. Mike then rushed and approached Will. "Hey Will!" He said. "Hey Mike! Greta job tonight." Will congratulated. "Thanks!" Mike said. It fell silent between them for a second. Will the was about to leave but then felt a hand grab onto his arm. "Umm. Would you like to go out? Like to Benny's? My treat." Mike said. Was this a date?

Will then turned around to look at his friends. "I would but I have to-" Will started. "He would love to." Max said butting in. "What?" Will whispered. "Told yea." She winked heading for the car. "I guess I'll be joining you." Will said. Mike felt joy rush through his body.

They sat in a booth at Benny's. They had ordered their drinks and were making small talk. "Hey Mike?" Will asked. "Yes Will?" Mike asked. "Why did you want to hang out with me? I thought we were just hanging out for the project. I didn't think you actually wanted to be friends." Will said. Should he do it? It's now or never.

"BecauseIlikedyouinseventhgradeanddidn'tknowhowtoconfess." Mike said fast. "Okay. Not say that a little slower. "Because I liked you since seventh grade but didn't know how to confess. So when we were assigned for the project I thought that this maybe my chance. But I didn't know if you liked guys or not. Let alone me." Mike said.

What? "I uh." Will felt his cheeks heat up. Maybe Will does like him. But he doesn't want to end up heart broken. Might as well give Mike a chance. "I didn't expect that." Will said. That comment made Mike think he fucked up. "I'm sorry." Mike said. "I never said no." Will said. "What?" Mike said. Will smiled and took a drink from his milkshake.

Mike went home and flopped in his bed. Will Byers was his boyfriend. He couldn't be more excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Byler is finally happening!

Words: 1021