CHAPTER I : BETRAYAL

****ANNETH POV****

Tears found their way through my eyes.
The scene seems to have imprinted on my mind and can't be forgotten even if I try to. there lies my brother lifeless not moving an inch with blood all over his garb

"Oppa!!! Oppa!!!!!!"

Tried to wake him up but nothing worked as he was dead already his deadly pale face made me remember the time my father died, the pain and the discomfort that I felt at that moment had returned to me 4 years later. The thought of losing my brother broke me from the inside I now lost my hope in life, my only family, my brother my everything, was no longer around to take care of me hug me to help me with my problems.
Roaming around my thoughts I felt a hand on my shoulder a handsome male figure could be seen with my blurry eyes.

"Ur Oppa condemned your tears u know that right?" He came to my level his gloomy brown eyes looking at me with comfort in his eyes those eyes comforted me but not for long as he started to speak yet softly
"U know he is in a better place now furthermore, we don't have time for this they are already here" he held my hand and stood me up
"But w-what about my brother" my voice broke a little "we can't leave him like this"
I said as he was about to move, he left a sigh, holding my shoulder he said
"Until his last breath, there was only one thing he desired and that was your safety your brother loved u to his heart's extent and I don't think you want to disappoint him so if u allow me, young mistress" this time with a bit of coldness in his voice held my hand firmly and dragged me out the room.

The thought of leaving my brother alone was eating me from inside, every nerve of my body was holding me back yet there was me running and running along with the man leaving behind my brother and his wife alone dead in the house.

Running through the corridor I heard some strange voices. Jack clamped me behind the wall and covered my mouth indicating me to be silent I could see a slight bit of fear in his eyes but the determination to save me made him look more fierce.

The Silence was for only the slightest moment when a muscular man with veiny hands held me from my hair and dragged me through the hallway. It was clear from the look in his eyes that there isn't even a slight bit of humanity left in the man. I tried to get away from his grip but he was way too powerful for me.

"Jack help me!!!"
I screamed for help trying to get away from his grip jack ran towards me to help me but two bulky men held him from behind he used his strength to the fullest to free himself and was successful but was hit from behind which made him unconscious.

"Nooooo!!!!" I screamed to the fullest of my strength getting away from the man and running towards jack but it wasn't as easy as it looked, the man held me again and dragged me to the hall.

"Leave me u bastard.....u won't get away with this easily I'm warning u leave me" I threatened him using my strength to get away but it didn't work. The urge to crush me off could be seen in his eyes. I even lost the modest hope of expecting humanity from the as he mercilessly dragged me to the hall.

The man threw me to the ground not showing even a minute amount of courtesy as if manners lost their way to his mind. I dusted myself making a disgusted expression as I hated the man touching me. He held a gun against my head signalling me not to move an inch.

"U think this little thing here can hold me back u think this will scare me." I scoffed at his foolish behaviour.
"I have played with tonnes of them when I was your child's age and u are scaring me with that huh"

I laughed a little to show him that I'm not scared of him or anyone in the room, though the fear of death was making me uncomfortable.

"U indeed were the most fierce one among your siblings " my gaze turned towards the voice, my eyes widened seeing the man he smiled a little reading my expression and moved towards the chair in front of me.

My body was burning with the anger I, got up without thinking and ran toward the man, not knowing what I was going to do to him just running to kill him but couldn't go that far as I felt a mild pain in my leg as the man behind me shot me in the leg leading me to fall on my knees and awing in pain.

"U fucking bastard" I yelled in pain the man smirked at me taking pleasure in hurting me. "I told u not to move but wanted to show your the bravest girl on earth" his teasing tone made me want to punch his face hard but I stopped as the man spoke :
"Aish!! u fucking moron who told u to shoot her she is the young mistress of this house the only owner left she is precious to me she is mine to kill give me the gun and get back"

He was enjoying my plight then he got up and held my chin
"Ur attitude goes after your brother but u are nothing like him. It was fun killing him though."
He laughed hysterically this time my anger grew as he mentioned my brother I felt like cutting him to pieces but I couldn't.

This time he held the gun and put it against my head.
"Ur time on earth has come to an end little girl no more threats no more jokes just death". I wanted to get up and kill the bastard but I was powerless in front of him. My helplessness was killing me but I bought up the courage and looked straight into his eyes telling him that I'm not afraid of him. He was a little surprised by my action but he ignored it and cocked his gun and was ready to shoot me.
I closed my eyes once and then opened them and spoke one last time with a smirk on my face
" kill me now Johnny u won't get another chance coz.....
If I got away alive then I will make sure u live a life worse than death."

He smirked a little and said
"Ur attitude is bigger than your size girl but won't work now coz there's no one to save u here"

Putting his hand on the trigger he laughed a little and was almost ready to shoot me I closed my eyes still not ready to accept death he pressed the trigger and "bam" a loud noise a gunshot indeed but not from his gun I opened my eyes and happiness wrapped me I saw jack holding a gun and Johnny on the ground wounded.

One by one killing the men around finally he came near me and said :
"U okay?" His soft voice gave me a tiny hope in life which was lost a while ago.
I nodded as a " yes ". He smiled a little and gestured for me to give him my hand. His smile had the assurance of my safety and the hope that I can trust him and can rely on him.

Feeling some men coming towards him he took out a smoke bomb and threw it towards them the smoke made them close their eyes taking this chance he picked me up and started running towards the dining hall.

" don't let them get away" Johnny shouted while rubbing his eyes.

His breath could be heard clearly while running. My eyes started to get blurry because of the wound. There were a total of 12 men following us as I remember to the best of my memory.

After a long marathon, We found ourselves surrounded by men, there was nowhere to go for the first in my life I saw nervousness in his eyes.

"It's over jack u are over leave the girl and stand back," the man said yet teasingly. Ignoring the man and Wondering about what should be done next he glanced at me one last time and said
"Just trust me".
Not knowing what he meant by that I just held him tight and closed my eyes.
His next move made everyone stunned he held tight and jumped off the railing.

The men ran towards the railing wondering what just happened and looking at each other dumbfounded.
Watching our falling figures disappear in the fog.

"rather a reckless way to die" a man spoke smirking, breaking the silence.
"Let's go and give the news to the boss"

"Are u sure they are dead" another man spoke yet confusingly.

"Do u think anyone can survive after jumping off from there and even if they did survive the height there is only jungle down there they will eventually die of hunger or the animals will eat them"

Saying he went inside as everyone else followed him.

Diving into the air I looked down once and long spiny trees were waiting for us I glanced at the man's face I saw my brother looking at me with love I touched his face for one last time "oppa" I said with a weak voice he looked at me and smiled a little and before I could say anything else everything went black and I drifted to another world.