CHAPTER XIX : ALLEVATION

****ANNETH POV****

After treating Jack I dropped him to his house and headed home. There I encountered an angry Norman waiting for me in the living room "You are late!!!....its past dinner time!!!" he said in a stern voice while I looked at my watch. It really was past dinner....he must be waiting for me......stupid!!!.....and now he'll be mad at me. "Emergencies takes time you know that!!!!.....I was busy so I couldn't get hold of time....I'm sorry!!!" I said looking down. He stood up and came towards me.

"You should have informed me that you're going to be late.......now come here......I'm not mad at you......OH MY!!!!!.......what's all this blood babes!!!!!........are you hurt??" He said holding my hands and flinched back immediately......I closed my eyes in annoyance as I forgot to wash up before heading home. Now I have to lie to him again!!!.....God I hate this!!.

"Oh don't worry about it its not mine."I took a deep breathe before continuing. "How can I not worry about it....even if its not yours its still blood....tell me who's it is?.......did you get into a fight again?......did you beat people up?" He looked at me while raising his eyebrows.

"Ah....Yaah!!! what are you talking about why would I beat people!!!!.....what am I....a gangster to you!!! wow!!!.....Mr.Rockwell just wow!!!.....this is upsetting!!!" I said dramatically. Well I did beat them up but they attacked me too....So Its not entirely my fault.

"Then how did this come to your hands.......you didn't get hurt....you didn't beat people up then how?....don't try to be funny here I'm really mad right now!!!!.....you are upset!!! huh!!....My girlfriend was out the whole day.....I didn't even know where the hell she went and then she comes back all covered in blood and you say your upset......seriously!!!! its me who should be upset about not being to build up that trust in our relationship for you to open up to me......6 months Anneth......its been 6 months we are seeing each other and you still can't open up to me.......that....Ms. Romanoff is upsetting." He sounded really upset at the moment. Hiding the truth from you hurts me too.....But forgive me baby please.....whatever I do its for your own good. Telling you anything will put you in danger and I can't afford to loose you. Not knowing what to say I stood close to him....held his face and kissed him.....he responded after a few seconds.

After a few seconds we broke the kiss and joined our foreheads. " I never knew you had all this in your mind......I'm sorry I made you think like that. I really didn't mean to hurt you......I didn't do anything intentionally its just in my nature.....I tend to keep my problems to myself since childhood. I was a quiet child from the start.....and the incidents that ensued added to it....What do you want to know......about my past...my family?....I didn't tell you because I don't have those........My mother died when I was 3, my father followed her When i was 12.....I had a brother whom I cherished more than anything else left me 4 years back......I couldn't even see him in his last time as I was studying abroad. I left home and settled here....found a decent job to earn a living and now am hardly putting up with it." I said as a drop of tear escaped my eye. He came towards me and hugged me. I closed my eyes soaking his shirt with my tears I cried.

"I'm sorry baby......I didn't know you had such a hard life......I'm sorry I should have realized sooner....I understand how hard it would have been for you to survive alone......I lived my life without parents too......but don't worry you are not alone now you have me.......and Uncle too!!!.....we can be your family!!!!......okay?...you can take your time......we'll take it step by step...I won't force you anymore." He said wiping my tears while I sniffed.

"So are we good now?" He said cupping my face and I nodded "Now go and take a shower while I heat the food." He said smiling as I went to take a shower.