CHAPTER VI : REBOOT TO LIFE

******ANNETH POV******
Moving towards the car I felt a hand grabbing my wrist I turned to see Ronnie holding my hand and looking at me with a worried face. He took me towards the car and drove off somewhere. He Stopped at Santa Ana after a few minutes of a long drive. It was quite a quiet ride. He got off and I went towards the Riverside admiring the scenery. It was our escape house since childhood whenever we felt like escaping the world we used to go there. It holds some of our collective moments. He came towards me after grabbing two drinks.
"Do you remember when we used to spend hours here ......talking , playing ,laughing" He said while Handing me the drink. "Together" He emphasized on the word.

"Hmmm......those were the happiest moments of my life. I had everything then". I said while taking a sip.

"You still have everything" He said shrugging his shoulders.

"I think we already had a talk about this Ronnie? We don't have to repeat it" I said frustratingly and turned to go but he held my hand and said angrily:
"No we didn't and I want to talk about this and You are not going anywhere........look Anne I always advised You to leave this revenge thing because I didnt want You to hung onto your past and get trapped in it. I wanted You to forget all this and live your life.......I know what happened is not that easy to be forgotten....it hurts.....it hurts like hell.....I know ......but giving up your whole life on it....not worth it......You are not doing justice to yourself........I supported you because I know you are strong and can handle this .....but killing someone? .....that's not you.....you yourself told me that there would be no bloodshed in this......so why this sudden change of heart huh? If you also did what they do then what better are are you from them? Tell me?"

"My happiness and dreams were killed the night they killed my brother. It was killed the day I decided to take revenge and make them pay ten times more I suffered.....the ones who ruined my life doesn't deserve to live."I said while controlling Tears."I might be looking like a maniac to you......yes I am a maniac.......but I won't allow the ones who destroyed my life.....the ones who made my life hell to live freely in this world ......so JERRY WILL DIE!!!!...i want them to suffer.......you supported me all this time so just be with me just this once .....hmm?......" I said while holding his hand gently "i need you Ronnie ......i need my honest and caring bestie by my side.....I feel less scared when you are around......" He sighed and hugged me.

" how can i ever win against you?...this clever brat..always knows how to melt me up..I'll always be by your side.....always ....... but....." He broke the hug "but this is the very last time i am favouring this.....after this johnny shit no more killing spreess ok?.......u will leave all this and find yourself a purpose and move on.....understood?"

"Yes sir" I said playfully and we both laughed.

"I wonder whether the bench is still there?" I said while running towards the bench.

"Hey wait for me!!!." He shouted and came after me. We spent another hour there talking, laughing, visiting the places we had memories of.

*****TIME SKIP AT HOME****

After taking a long warm shower I got out of the shower and started drying my hair thinking about all that happened today.....my thoughts got distracted as my phone suddenly chimed. I turned to look up at the caller ID ........i closed and opened my eyes in frustration as it was none other than that annoying rabbit.....Norman Rockwell.......i sighed and clear my throat before picking up the call .....
"Hello?" I trying my best to act normal.....
"Hello Ms. Romanoff?" He said in a cold tone.
"Yes..." I said wondering what happened to him .....why this sudden change in his voice.

"I ....ummm called to asked you to come with me to the pallmerry hall if you can
.....i mean.." I can hear his words stuttering."

"Pallmerry hall? Isn't it the place that was used to be an opera house?" I raised an eyebrow

"Yes it is" He said while clicking his tongue "oh ur so smart ms sensitive"
I can hear him smirking. That annoying voice ....ahh!!!such an annoying man.

"And you want to go there.....
With me......" I asked skeptically.

"Yes Madam.......was I speaking in Chinese uptill now?" His behavior is really suspicious today.....why off all people he wants "me" to go with him?.
My thoughts got cutted off when he spoke again.

"Its uncle mcgurn's birthday and..... I want to give him a surprise so .....I thought as his assistant......maybe you could help?"

Mr mcgurn's birthday?........he wants to surprise him?...and he wants my help?...So this rude brat is a softie inside. A smile flashed on my face unknowingly thinking about him.....maybe I should help him......afterall I'm mister mcgurn's assistant......a fake one.....but still an assistant....I was again buried under my thoughts totally forgetting he is on the line....waiting for my answer.....

"Hello?.....ms romanoff.....u there?....Hello?" I came back to reality when I heard a voice from the other side of the phone.

"Ahh.....y-yes ....I'm here. ....plzz tell me." I replied stuttering......internally screaming for acting stupid.

"I already told you everything......It's you who has to answer"

"Oh yeah....." I said scratching the back of my head while laughing a little.

"So....will you help?" He said with a hopeful tone.

"Uhm....yeah sure..." I replied happily.

"Great then I'll pick you up at 10 then?.....if thats okay with you?"

"10 Sounds good to me" I said while playing with my fingers

"Fine see you tomorrow then". He said trying to be polite. It was a little surprising hearing those words from him.......I hummed in response and ended the call.

I don't know why but I was a little excited for this meeting . I was liking it though I don't want to ......this is not what I am came here for .....but it was all out of my control......I plugged my earphones , tucked myself in bed and played the tape my brother gave me...the letters he recorded for me on my birthdays when I was studying abroad....

His words soothed me....helped me sleep.....I smiled sadly...as I was missing him badly......regretting why I wasn't there with him when he needed me the most....i was listening to the one he recorded for my 18th birthday "You are now 18 years, adulthood is a gateway to responsibility, leers, and tears, make each step with care.My little genius!!, I'm very proud of you for turning 18 years." His words started to faid away as I slowly drifted to dreamland.

******END OF ANNETH POV******

******NORMAN POV******

MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT AS I HEARD HER SOFT VOICE.....I NEVER IMAGINED I WOULD FALL FOR SOMEONE LIKE THIS BUT DESTINY HAD OTHER PLANS FOR ME.....I WAS MESMERIZED WHEN I SAW HER FOR THE FIRST TIME AT THE RESORT.....AND IN OUR SECOND MEETING AT THE SIGNAL MY HEART SAID, "YES SHE IS THE ONE NORMAN"......BUT I DONT KNOW WHY SHE SEEMED A LITTLE STRANGE TO ME.....AS IF SHE IS SHOWING SHE IS OKAY FROM OUTSIDE BUT SHE HAS A LOT IN HER HEART......I AT THAT IMMEDIATE MOMENT DECIDED TO MAKE HER MINE.

I JUMPED IN HAPPINESS AS I DISCONNECTED THE CALL......I WAS SO DELIGHTED TO KNOW THAT SHE FINALLY AGREED...I WAS THANKING UNCLE......HAPPINESS WRAPPED ME SO HARD THAT I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT THERE WAS A STOOL INFRONT OF ME WHEN I FELL ON THE FLOOR WHILE JUMPING..........I GOT UP ALL EMBARASSED AND WENT TO BED EXCITEDLY WAITING FOR TOMMOROW TO COME FAST.

******END OF NORMAN POV******