CHAPTER XIV : "ITS NOW OR NEVER!!"

###TIME SKIP TO ONE WEEK (IN ALASCA)###

****NORMAN POV****

On my way to the meeting hall my phone vibrated. I looked up to see a text from my love. A Smile unknowingly appeared on my face.

"Good luck for your meeting!!! call me when you're done!! love you!!" It read.

"Thanks!! Love you too!!". I replied.

"Cute" I mumbled but enough for Jack to hear.

"Huh? did you say something?" He said lifting his head up which was buried inside the papers he was reading.

"No i didn't" I affirmed and he shrugged it and buried himself again this time deeper. this confused me.

"So everything okay.....Boss?" I Said the word that irritates him the most.But to my surprise he ignored it.

"Hmm.....its good. But You gotta be careful while talking its Johnny Mabart we are dealing with. He is not easy to deal with.....you have met his son but he is far more nasty than him. It will be difficult for you to get him in your shoes." He said while placing the documents back in the envelope.

"And how do you know so much about him?.....have you met him before ?" He rolled his shiny green eyes towards me. "No....I'm just asking........you seem to know too much about him......as if you were acquaintances..." I said while entering the waiting room.

"well he was......but you know time changes everything....now go ahead and remember what we practiced......you just have to convince him that it wasn't you and make sure the deal is still on.......that's what the boss wants for now!!" . He said while keeping the envelope on the desk.

"Boss?....you have a boss? and i thought you were the main lead here?......well that's what my uncle told me....wasn't it?" I inquired.

"Your uncle told you to report me not interrogate me....so go and do your work and report me." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes. "Now go.....you can find me at the book cafe....its right across the street." He pointed outside.

"Wait....aren't you coming with me?.....you prepared all this...even my alibi won't you see through it?" I asked skeptically.

"I Will!!.....When its time....." Saying he wore his mask which he removed while entering the room and left the premises. All this is so confusing. He prepared everything but won't see through it....And who is this boss he works. Ahh!! so confusing......Uncle why did you dragged me into this mess......I swear I would have given him a good one if he wouldn't have saved me that day. oh by the way why did he save me that day.....and how could he find all the evidence that was already lost. Whom does he work for?. My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden voice.

"Sir Mr. Mabart will see you now!!" I nodded and we headed towards the CEO's office.

"Come in" The man commanded from inside as the lady knocked the door. His looks gave me a strange infatuation. Looking at him, no one could say that he is even slightly saddened by the death of his son. He smirked at me before stretching his hand towards me for handshake.

"Welcome Mr. Rockwell....Welcome....please have a seat." Why is he being so nice to me? He should be bursting with anger at me by now but he seems so calm. I thought while he smirked at me again. Jack was right this guy is not easy to read.

"Coffee?" He said breaking my thoughts.

"Oh....No I'm fine actually" I said fixing my suit.

"Hmm....it seems my son took away your appetite" He said sardonically.

"Well yes.....but I don't think that's the same case for you Mr.Mabart." I replied gallantly.

"What did you just say?" He frowned.