CHAPTER XVII : MISTAKES

###TWO DAYS BACK###

****JACK POV****

It was morning my flight arrived two days earlier than Norman's.....I was sure Johnny would send his men after him so I booked different flights. I kept my luggage at the doorway and went for a smoke as it was still dark outside so I took the "NO SMOKING ZONE"

On my way It felt as if I was being followed....I turned but found no one. I continued walking then a shadow in front made me stop....I slowly walked towards it and found a man standing beside the pole.

"Can I know the reason of this unrequited visit Mr.?" I smirked and walked towards him with hands in my pocket. "Reason is unnecessary conversation and I don't like to talk so let's get to work shall we!?" He said and ran towards me with a knife. I held his hand and kicked him in his abdomen which made him fall back.

"Who sent you!?" I said picking him by his collar. He didn't reply instead he pulled the knife towards me this time with full force. Exerting all my force I managed to stop him right next to my torso. In the midst of the moment I felt a slight sting in my neck. I turned around and found another man behind me with an empty syringe smirking back at me. The liquid soon started its work......my vision got blurry I fell on my knees grasping my breath while the men laughed. I tried to gather my strength again but couldn't as the doze was too strong for me to handle.

"We got him sir...." I heard before blacking out.

****END OF JACK POV****

###PRESENT###

"I TAKE A DAY TO SLACK OFF AND YOU GET YOUR ASSES IN TROUBLE!!!" I screamed entering the office while Ron flinched at my sudden voice.

"Why are you taking it out on me......its not completely my fault!!!" He ratted and I rolled my eyes annoyingly.

"we'll get on it later but let's find him first. Brynne what do we have?" I said turning towards him. "Nothing ma'am.....he doesn't have any device on him except for his phone which is off since two days....so he is untraceable for now!!!" . He said refreshing the page one more time while I sighed.

"There's got to be a way Brynne ......we have to find him.......what can it be?......" I said roaming around while thinking. "CCTV....yes CCTV get the CCTV footage......we'll be able to find whether he is really missing or is out somewhere on a mission." I said as I kept my phone on the table. "Getting access to those footage won't be easy and will take too much time and we don't have time to waste" Ron said scratching the back of his neck and I sighed.

"I DON'T CARE!!!.........Brynne!! do what you have to............hack the control room if you have to I need them.....you have ONE HOUR!!!!" I commanded.

"On it ma'am!........"He said and buried himself inside the laptop screen while I sighed heavily. "He'll be fine don't worry.....we'll find him" Ron said comforting me.

"What if he gets himself into trouble........he lost his family because of me If anything happens to him I will never be able to forgive myself." I said in a cracked voice.

"I know your worried for him but don't worry.......I know he is sensitive at this moment but trust me for him his anger is not bigger than our mission.....he will never do anything that will jeopardize it." He said while I nodded lightly.