CHAPTER X : THE BALL NIGHT

****ANNETH POV ****
Toying with my curls I sighed getting bored in the annoying ball party. As if this dress wasn't annoying enough and now these French are eating me up. If it wasn't for Mr. Mcgurn I would have smacked their heads here and now.
"Some save me!!!"
I screamed internally. "Where is jack? "
I moved my eyes to find him .
"Why isn't he Here yet? I swear he is dead meat if he diched on me."
"Come fast moron......" I thought while tapping the glass in nervousness trying my best to smile infront of the guest.

"Everything okay my lady?" I turned to look up at the guy who came and held my shoulder.
Norman.....I calmed a bit looking at him. I smiled and nodded.
"Then why don't you look at the arrangements.....its time already" . He gave me an assuring look and gestured me to leave and have some space. I nodded and left the group after excusing myself.

I put the empty glass on the counter and stretched my arms to take another not until someone came and held my hand.
"You need to be sober to remain safe young mistress." I yanked his hand and picked a strawberry daiquiri instead.
"You are late." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ahh....I see you were getting bored without me.....weren't you? By the way .....where is your date .....ran off already?" He said teasing me.

"Stop teasing me or I'll pull out those gleamy eyes of yours......where were you?....if it weren't for him I would have died suffocating between those French .......wasn't this dress suffocating enough that I have to handle these morons too who doesn't know anything except for the morrocan cigars.....fucking annoying they are."
I sighed annoyingly before taking a sip.

"So is it the dress or the French you are upset with?" He said fixing his hair.

"Why do you have to pick this one out of everything else.....you know I hate these tight gowns....they are suffocating." I said annoyingly. "And these heels.....feels like I'm going to make a fool of myself here . You know these don't work for me"

"Its a ball party not a mafia meeting where you will wear those tacky jackets and boots of yours......you are a disguised assistant here so act like one....wearing those kinds of clothes will attract more attention and we don't want that. Moreover Norman is a clever one ....you already caused suspicion with your foolishness at the cafe, so better be careful."

"Anyway I am not going to stay here for long.....I'll be off once Mr mcgurn makes the important announcement." I said taking another drink.

"I don't think so" .He said pointing towards the muscular figure walking towards me.
"I'll be off now.....enjoy the night my lady." He left after winking at me.

I put the glass away and fix my hair before turning towards him.

"You okay?" He asked holding my shoulder which I didn't mind for the first time. I nodded again.

"Not a social bird I guess?" He asked smiling.

"Just not into parties much" I said before tucking my hair behind my ear.

"So you know-" And before he could complete the music started which was the cue for the ball to start.

He looked at me with ardent eyes. Smiling nervously he stretched his veiny hand towards me.
"Care for a dance beautiful lady?."
His glistening eyes and the exotic body language was making it hard for me to refuse but the problem was.....would it be fair?.

"I'm not sure.....not much of a dancer " I said chuckling nervously.

"Then just follow my steps" . He said before pulling me to the dance floor. He gently placed my left hand on his shoulder and kept his on my tiny waist before intertwining the right ones.
Slowly swirling our bodies to the music we danced.
"There's something i have been wanting to tell you for a long time" He said before rolling me around and pulling more closer to him . Reducing even the slightest distance between us. While I was just staring at his dark brown eyes as my heart was on its urge to explode.