Safeplace part 1

This story is credited to @suzy834

TW: mentions of abuse, abusive relationship

After Steve finally came out as gay during his last year of school he started dating a guy in his English class, Ryan. The first few months of their relationship was like a dream. They hung out all the time, they enjoyed being together, and they even talked about living together. But never acted on it.
Ryan didn't tell anyone about Steve. He was ashamed and scared of what people would think. But Steve still liked him and promised that he would respect Ryan's feelings.

Ryan liked Steve, but so did someone else. Eddie. The freak. He had been in love with Steve ever since they bumped into each other in second year. But no matter how much Eddie liked Steve he new he couldn't have him.
Eddie knew about Steve and Ryan but didn't tell anyone. He also knew that he would never be good enough for the Steve Harrington, king of Hawkins high.

Eddie shoved his feelings deep down, and he covered them with weed and alcohol with the hope of getting rid of these feelings. The only person who knew about eddies feelings were robin, a good friend of eddies but also Steve's best friend.

Robin also knew about Ryan and Steve and felt awful for Eddie. She tried her best to help him but it never really worked. Eddie never had a chance. Steve and Ryan's relationship was perfect and wasn't changing anytime soon. Or that is what he thought.

*1 year after Steve and Ryan started dating*
"Listen Ryan, i didn't tell anyone I promise"
Steve assured Ryan trying to calm him down.
"Then explain to me why everyone looks at me like I'm a fucking criminal!"
Ryan raised his voice trying to get an answer from Steve.
"No one is looking at you like that, ok, now please just.."
"Don't fucking lie to me!" Ryan cut him off.
As Steve tried to calm him down Ryan raised his hand to hit him but hesitated. Steve covered his face with his hands and ducked in fear. Ryan left without another word.
This was only the beginning of Steve's nightmare.

One day at family video, Robin walked into the room to see Steve putting videos on the shelf.

"Hey Steve" robin said waiting for a hello back.
"Hey robin" she muffled without turning around. "Steve, you ok? Or are you just really into those videos" robin stood waiting for him to answer but he stayed quiet.
"Steve" she walked over to him. He turned around slowly revealing a black eye. "Oh my god! What happened?!" Robin gasped.

"Nothing I just.." he stuttered "i.. I fell"
"You fell?" Robin said knowing it wasn't the truth. "Yeah". " he did this to you, didn't he?"
"No he didn't.. I just.. i". He kept fidgeting with his fingers and biting his cheek. " I deserve it"

Robin went over to him and pulled him into a hug. " how could you think that?" " you don't deserve this, no one does"
Steve hugged Robin back and tried to hold back his tears. As they hugged someone walked into the shop. "Get the fuck out,can't you see we are having a mo... oh hey Eddie" she interrupted herself while yelling.

Steve rubbed his eyes and quickly walked to the break room. " hey Robin, hey ste.." the door slammed before Eddie could Finnish his sentence. Eddie sighs "bye Steve".
"What's up?" Eddie asked without a clue about what the answer was gonna be.
Robin explained the situation, Eddie became physically angry with what he heard, clenching his jaw, making a fist and imagining how happy he would be beating Ryan's ass with his bare hands.
But Robin made him promise that he wouldn't do anything or tell anyone, so he didn't.

Eddie was in hell knowing that the guy he loved was being abused. But he could do nothing about it. He was useless.

Robin was Steve's best friend and go to person. He told her everything. But what would happen when she wasn't there to speak to at a point of anxiety.

A few weeks after the incident Robin had gone on a trip. She didn't want to go but her mum made her. She knew that Steve needed her but she couldn't stay.

Please give any feedback on this story. If it's too fast or not good I am sorry. Xx