Moving in?

Steve's mum and dad were never parents of the year, but at least they checked in on him every now and then. But that changed once his dad got a promotion.
     When Steve got home after working at family video, he was so happy to see his parents again and back home.
"Mom, dad? When did you get back?"
"Hi honey we got back this afternoon"
     Steve saw that they had boxes surrounding them and suitcases.
"Come, take a seat son"
His father said in an ominous tone.
Steve sat down but was not prepared for the news that awaited.
"Listen sweetheart, your father has finally got the promotion that he has worked for"
"Wow congrats dad"
"Thanks son"
"But.. it's in Los Angeles"
Steve sat in confusion, thinking about what he was just told.
"What does that mean? You're leaving?"
"No we're leaving you, your mother and I"
"What?! I'm not leaving! My life is here, my friends, my job"
"You will get another job in LA and new, better friends"
Steve stood up and went to leave.
"Hey! I have worked hard for this I have worked hard to get this for our family!"
Steve turned to face his father who was now towering over him.
"A family? Is that what you call this?! You haven't been here for months, no call, no letter, no nothing!"
"We left you money to pay for this house and the bills, money that I worked for!"
"Fuck your money!"
Steve left the house in a rage. He could here the distant sound of his mother crying and his father yelling about him. About him being selfish and stubborn.
    Steve didn't know what to do. Before he knew it he had walked to eddies trailer.
(They had been dating in secret)
He knocked on the door to see Eddie in a hellfire t shirt and shorts, with his hair tied up in a messy bun.
"Steve? What's wrong?"
He let Steve in and they talked about the new situation.

"So now they want me to come to LA with them"
Steve had tears trickling down his cheeks.
"Are you going?"
"We'll.. I.. I don't want to but what choice do I have, I'll be homeless if I stay and family video doesn't exactly pay well"
Eddie didn't even think before he spoke, he just said it. "Move in with me"
After he realised what he said he apologised, not wanting to make Steve uncomfortable.
"Sorry"
"Wha.. really?"
"Would you want to?"
"Would you want me too?"
"I mean.. yeah"
"Then yeah"
They both smiled and Steve kissed Eddie with the biggest smile on his face.
"Will your uncle be ok with it?"
"Sure, I mean he works nights and you work day so he won't even know your here"
"Do you not want him to know?"
"Well, it's just if he knew than he would want you to pay rent and your my boyfriend you shouldn't have to pay to be here"
Steve kissed him again and smiled.
"So we're actually doing this"
"Guess so"
"By the way, you will have to sleep on the couch as I take up a lot of bed space. I'm like a starfish"
They both laughed.
"I like your hair, it's hot"
Steve said before kissing Eddie one more time.
"Shouldn't we go get your stuff?"
"Oh yeah, ok but we have to be quick my dad won't be very happy to see me"
Eddie and Steve drive to Steve's house to collect his stuff.
They both walked in as Steve prepared himself ti face his father. But all he saw was and empty room. No boxes. No mom. No dad.
He looked around everywhere but it was all gone.
All they left was what was in Steve's room. Otherwise they left nothing. Not even a goodbye.
Steve sat on the stairs with his face in his hands.
"Hey Steve, it's ok"
Eddies said.
Steve looked up to reveal his red puffy eyes and his cheeks dripping tears.
"This just proves how little my family care about me. They didn't even fucking say goodbye"
Eddie went upstairs and put all of Steve's stuff in the van.
After he was done he put his arm around Steve.
"Hey look at me"
Steve looked up into eddies glistening eyes.
"They may be your parents but they are not your family. I'm your family. And robin and Dustin and Mike and will. We are all your family, and we all love you"
Steve smiled and hugged him. He would leave this house and start a new life with his family.