Safeplace part 4 (last part)

TW: abusive relationship, slurs
After Steve explained everything, how he felt, his relationship, what was happening, Eddie couldn't help but scream on the inside.
"And ye, it's been like that ever since"
"Wow, we'll.. thank you for trusting me. And I am so, so sorry that you have gone through this"
Steve looked down at the table and started bouncing his knee and picking the seem of his trousers.
" look, I might not be the right person to tell you this but.. you have to end this"
Eddie said calmly trying not to make matters worse.
"How? Whenever I face him he over powers me"
Steve became anxious at the thought of it.
"I could help you, we can do it together"
Eddie stood up and sat next to Steve.
"No no no no, you don't understand he will kill you-"
"Then I will haunt him" they both laughed but then became serious again.
"Look Eddie, thank you for your help but.. I don't think it will work"
"Please Steve, I can't just sit here and watch you live in terror and pain"
They sat in silence for a few moments. Thinking.
"Ok" Steve whispered under his breath.
"Ok?" Eddie said surprised.
"Ok" Steve said a bit more enthusiastically.
"Ok".
They both got in the van and drove to Eddie trailer first.
"What are we doing here?"
"I just have to do something quick"
Eddie rushed in the trailer coming out a few moments later.
They then drove to Steve's house, where they knew he was gonna be.
They got out the van, seeing his car in the driveway.
They walked up to the door. But Steve just stood there. His hand on the handle. But his mind focused on what he is about to do.
He looked at Eddie and for a second saw a future of happiness for him. He turned back and opened the door.
Eddie followed closely behind.
"What are you doing you're meant to be at work? And who the fuck is this?!"
He looked at Eddie in anger.
"Don't worry about him. I need to talk to you"
Steve stood up to the taller guy and swallowed his feelings of hesitation.
"About what?" The man spat.
"Ryan-" he looked the guy in the face and saw nothing in his eyes but pure evil. He no longer saw the guy he fell for.
"This is over"
"Excuse me"
" we're done"
The taller man pushed Steve against a wall and held him by the throat.
"Oh come on Stevie, this fag has got in your head"
Eddie tried to hold back his anger knowing that he would be killed.
"What did you call me?"
Eddie walked up to them both.
"Put him down!" Eddie yelled.
"Or what?"
Ryan leant his face down to Steve's and strokes his cheek with his finger.
He then threw Steve to the side of the room and smashed a beer bottle and held it to eddies throat.
"GET BACK!"
They all heard a familiar voice scream.
"Robin?" Steve said.
"You will step away from him and leave and never come back, never talk to Steve, never look at him, never even think about him or I will call the cops and tell them that you have been selling drugs to minors"
Ryan stepped away from Eddie and left the house.
Steve stood up and ran to hug robin.
"How did you know we were here?"
"Eddie called me earlier and told me to come as fast as I could"
Steve looked over to Eddie and smiled.

*skip to a year later*
Steve had never been happier. His life was so much better now. He hadn't seen Ryan since the breakup. Robin and him were best friends more than ever. And Eddie had finally confessed his love to Steve.
They were sat at the park bench in the forest, and Eddie couldn't hold it any longer.
"Hey Steve"
"Yes Edward"
"Do you remember your second year of high school, you had that dopey haircut and stupid group of friends and that weird stripy shirt that you were obsessed with?"
"Yeah" Steve giggled.
"And do you remember English class, we were partners for that poetry assignment?"
"Yes"
"We would hang out in the library after school and I would watch you attempt to write poetry"
"What Do you mean attempt, I was great at poetry"
"No man you sucked"
They both laughed.
"That was the day that I fell in love with you"
Steve looked in Eddies eyes, then looked down at Eddie hands that were holding his, and then fluttered up to his lips.
Steve leaned in to Eddie and kissed him.
He parted away for a second.
"I love you"
He pulled Eddie back in by his shirt and kissed him again.
They both finally had a chance at a happy ending.