What should have happened

On the night that the gang finally set out to kill Vecna, they went over the plan a hundred times. But no matter how hopeful they were, they still thought about what would happen if it didn't work. If they would survive. If they would have any regrets.
They went over the plan once more before all splitting up to their posts.
"Okay, good luck" Nancy said with a little hope.
"We'll need a lot more than luck"
Eddie muttered.
Nancy, Robin, Eddie, Steve and Dustin went to Eddies trailer and one by one into the upside down.
"Right, Eddie and Dustin you will stay here and distract the demo-bats, Steve, Robin and I will go to the house and search for vecna"
"Yes we know the plan" Dustin said tired of hearing it over again.
"Ok let's go"
The others started to walk away but Eddie stood frozen, thinking about what he would regret.
"Hey Eddie come on" Dustin said.
Eddie looked up at Steve.
"Hey Steve"
Eddie yelled while walking up to him.
Steve turned around and Eddie grabbed The back of Steve's neck and pressed his lips against Steve's.
After a second Eddie pulled away.
"Make him pay"
He then walked back towards the trailer while everyone stood in shock.
Steve turned back around and just walked to the house without saying a word.
"What the hell?!" Dustin yelled in confusion.
The rest of the time Eddie spent thinking if he made a mistake by kissing Steve. But Steve thought about why it felt so good.
He felt confused. But he felt good.
*skip to later*
"Help! Anyone!" Dustin screamed for help as he held Eddie in his arms.
"Eddie! No,no,no,no"
Dustin was crying as Eddie struggled to breathe.
"Hey, hey you're gonna be alright"
"It's bad"
"No,no"
"It's really bad"
Dustin continued to yell for help.
"Listen"
"No,no,no,no"
"Dustin, listen"
Dustin looked Eddie in the eyes.
"I love you man"
"I love you too Eddie"
As dustin cried for help once more he saw Steve and the others running to them.
"Eddie!" Steve shouted.
He knelt down to him and held his head.
"I'm sorry" Eddie mumbled.
"Sorry? For what?"
"For kissing you. I just knew that I would regret it if I didn't"
"You have nothing to be sorry about"
"I liked you Steve"
"No,no,no you do like me...And I like you too"
Steve leant down and kissed eddies forehead.
"You're gonna make it ok"
That was the last thing that Eddie heard.

After a few days, el, will and Mike made it back to Hawkins. As they got out the car they saw dustin walk up.
"Hey man" Mike said
"Oh hey guys"
They all hugged and explained everything after catching up.
"Anyway where is everyone else? Where's Eddie? Did he get get hurt?"
Dustin looked at them confused.
"What no, he's... oh god you don't know"
They all looked at each other with worry.
They all rushed inside the hospital and ran up to the desk.
"Which room is Eddie Munson?"
"Room 186"
They ran up to the room and saw Steve sat next to the bed. Eddie was laying in a coma. Bandages on his legs and stitches everywhere.
"Since when did Steve care about Eddie?"
Mike said.
"Since he fell in love with him"
They all watched as Steve held eddies hand and spoke to him. About everything that was happening.
And he would continue to do so until he wakes up.

Sorry if this one is crap. I haven't been having the best couple weeks, but knowing that you guys are enjoying my stories really brings me joy. Thank you sm xx❤️