Safeplace part 2

TW: abuse, abusive relationship, panic attacks
While Robin was gone, Steve had taken up her shifts as well as his own. It was hell. But at least it meant he didn't have to face Ryan.

On one of his later shifts he had a panic attack at work. While he was panicking he heard the bell ring meaning someone had entered the store. He stood up straight and turned around so they couldn't see his face. As he walked away he heard a voice.
"Steve?" The deep voice immediately tingled his spine.
He turned around and saw a familiar face.
" hey eddie"
They looked in each others eyes for a split second that felt like years.
"Hey what..oh my god are you ok?" Eddie said with worry.
"Oh uh... ye I just.. saw this movie poster and it made me sad" Steve said back in a panic.

" this poster of a lady holding a hotdog" Eddie giggled slightly. " yeah.. I mean.. it's sad"

Eddie walked over to Steve carefully before embracing him in a hug. "Listen I'm not great at emotions but I know when someone's panicking, trust me I panic a lot, mainly about my uncle finding my weed, or Jason, or just anything really" as Eddie rambles Steve collapses in his arms and starts to breath heavy, tears streaming down his eyes.

"Steve, what's wrong, how can I help?" Eddie holds him.
" it's just, robin is gone and I have her shifts and mine I can't go home but I can't talk to Robin about it and I haven't slept in days and..."
Eddie strokes Steve's arm with his thumb to calm him down. " ok, I'll help you"
Eddie gets up and grabs a chair for Steve to sit on. He grabs a box of videos and starts putting them on the shelf. " I'll help with work"
Steve smiles " those ones don't go there"

Eddie turns to him and smiles " well they do now" Steve laughs and helps him.

After they Finnish working Eddie looks at Steve to see the worry of going back to his house.

" look Steve, you can crash in my trailer if you want. I mean it's not much but you know"
Eddie offers. "That is very kind but I can't. Thanks"

They both go their separate ways after work. But Eddie does nothing but worry about Steve.
After he gets home he rolls a joint to calm him.
As he is about to light he hears a knock at the door. He opens it to see Steve stood there with a bloody lip tears running down his cheek.

"Can I change my mind?" Steve asks.
Eddie let's him inside and quickly gets him a tissue for his lip.

After they sit down and Eddie gives Steve time to calm down, he asks him what happened.

"What happened?"
"Well, I'm.. I kinda have this boyfriend. Ryan."
Steve didn't know why he was telling a guy who he never talked to until now about his problems, but he just felt safe. Like Eddie was his safe place.

After Steve told Eddie about Ryan, he fell asleep instantly. Eddie never left his side, he knew that it would comfort him to have someone by his side so he did the same for Steve.

The next morning was slightly awkward for Steve but Eddie made it seem normal.

"Hey" "hey"

"Sorry if last night was kinda.."
"Hectic" Eddie added to Steve's sentence.
Steve giggled "yeah"
"Don't worry. It's fine, I will always be here if you need to talk"

steddie oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara