The lion, the witch and eddie part 1

This story begins with 6 children: dustin, Mike, will, Lucas, el and their older brother Steve. It was 1913 and everyone was in the midst of a war. Because London was not a safe place for the children their mother had sent them to live with their great uncle in the north.
They were scared. They were poor. And they had no idea what fate had in store for them.

'Wheaton station. We have arrived at Wheaton station' as the children heard the man yell their stop, they got off the train and were coldly greeted by an elderly woman, with hair darker than coal and skin paler than a cloud.
"Children. This way"
They all followed her to the carriage and rode to the house of their uncle.
They carried their bags inside and the woman lead them up the stairs while telling them the rules of the house.
"No screaming. No running. No playing with balls inside. And NO DISTURBING YOUR UNCLE"
They all stood frozen, afraid of speaking. They just nodded.

After a few days of staying there, they all were doing separate things while the old lady was out.
Mike and will we're playing catch in the garden, Lucas was doing a puzzle, Dustin was making some sort of contraption out of rubbish, and Steve was laying in bed reading a book.
El, however, was bored out of her mind. This big house and nothing to do. She walked around looking at paintings and artifacts all around the house.
    But she wanted to do something. She asked everyone if they would play with her but they all said no, So she ran into Steve's room.
"Hey Steve"
"Yeah"
"Can we play a game"
"Like what?"
"I don't know. Hide and seek?"
Steve paused before putting the book down and covering his eyes.
"1. 2. 3"
El smile as she ran looking for a place to hide, but she bumped into Dustin as she did.
"What are you doing?" Dustin asked.
"We are playing hide and seek"
El ran again and Dustin went to tell everyone to play hide and seek.
As everyone hid Steve finished counting.
"57. 58. 59... 60!"
He got and looked around for people.
"Aha!" He looked in a box and found Dustin.
"Dammit"
El struggled looking for a place that wasn't already taken, but suddenly she found an empty room with a wardrobe at the back. She ran through and in the wardrobe.
How strange? It was full of fur coats and smelt of moth balls.
El looked through the gap in the doors and saw Steve walk past the door. She slowly walked to the back of the wardrobe. Or what she thought was the back. It just kept going and going until...
She fell back and into a pile of snow.
She stood up and felt the cold winter air and saw a beautiful blanket of glistening snow lay across a forest. And a lamppost. One lamppost that lit the entire forest.
She walked up to it not believing her eyes. Was this real. Was she in a dream?
As her mind wandered she heard the snow crunch and saw something move in the corner of her eye.
"Hello?" She was scared but also curious.
She crept up to where she heard the noise. And then she saw it. A boy. A boy with long curly hair and... wings?
"Hello" the boy said back frightened.
"Don't be scared" el said as she held out her hand.
"I won't hurt you"
The boy walked out from behind the tree and took her hand.
"I'm el"
"Eddie"
"Hello Eddie, if I may ask what are you?"
"I am a... a.. I don't know"
"You don't know"
"I don't know what I am"
"Well, do you want to be my friend?"
"Yes please"
El never had any friends and always wanted one, and from the sounds of it so did Eddie.
"May i interest you in a cup of tea?" Eddie asked.
"Well I would love to but my brother is looking for me and I should get back"
"Oh..." eddie frowned.
"I can come back"
Eddie smiled again before el left and went back through the wardrobe.
She walked back through the house and saw Steve run to her.
"Omg el. Where were you?!"
"I was in the magical land in the wardrobe"
Everyone looked at her stunned.
"What?!"