Runaway

Eddie was tired. He was tired of being called a freak. Tired of being pointed at, being called slurs, having to deal with shit that wasn't his fault, tired of everything.
   He couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't play the role of the weirdo any longer. So he did what he was best at. Ran. He packed his stuff into a bag. Not everything but enough to get by and took the money he hid in a box in his wardrobe, and left a note for his uncle, explaining everything.
   He couldn't dread the thought of saying goodbye to everyone. It would be too hard. So he just took the van and left.

Steve woke up, but felt off. Something wasn't right but he couldn't figure out what. He ignored and went to work. He picked up Robin from her house and drove to family video. As they were working robin went on and on about Vicky, her new girlfriend.
Steve had never seen her so happy and smiled at how much she was talking.

"And she is so smart, we were watching a movie and she noticed so many things that I didn't spot and she held my hand when she got scared and she was so cute and-"
*ding*
The sound of the bell snapped robin out of her Vicky trance.
"Anyway.. how's it going with Eddie?"
Steve got all flustered and blushed at the thought of Eddie.
"What do you mean?"
"Oh come on, you guys flirt all the time, you're always round his trailer and you never stop talking about him"
Steve rolled his eyes.
"Ok fine, I like him a little bit it's not like anything will happen I mean I don't think he even likes me like that"
"Ok right" robin said sarcastically.
After their shift was over Steve drove robin home. But as they were driving robin couldn't help but talk about Eddie.
"Steve, I know you think that Eddie doesn't like you like that, but if you never tell him how you feel then you will never know if he likes you back"
Steve thought about what Robin said and made a decision to talk to Eddie.
"Fine. I'll tell him"
After he dropped off robin he couldn't wait to talk to Eddie. He drove to his trailer and knocked on the door. His heart was pounding in his chest and he was overthinking a lot.
But no one answered. He knocked again.
But still no answer.
He drove to eddies usual smoking spot. But nothing. The park? Nope.
The school bleachers? Still no.
Finally he decided to go to the arcade where he knew the children were.
He ran in and saw Dustin, will and Mike sat in a booth. He smiled but as he walked closer he saw that Dustin had been crying.
"Hey guys"
They all looked at him.
"Do you know where Eddie is?"
Dustin looked away and began to cry again.
"He's gone" will said.
"He left Hawkins" Mike added.
Steve stood confused.
"Wha- why?"
Dustin handed Steve the note that Eddie wrote to his uncle.
Steve read it. And left.
"Wait Steve! Where are you going?!"
Dustin asked.
Steve didn't say anything he just drove home.
He ran up to his bedroom, slammed the door and sat on his bed. His emotionless stare turned into a crying mess.
He held his head in his hands.
He picked up eddies vest that he still had and hugged it.
But as he cried he heard the door open. He looked up.
"Eddie?"
Eddies face was red and covered in tears, just like Steve's.
"I came for my vest"
Steve smiled before standing up.
Eddie dropped his bag on the floor and ran up to Steve.
They both hugged each other with out any intention of letting go.
But as their heads parted from each others shoulder. Their lips smashed together.
They both felt so happy. For once.
They parted and looked into each others eyes.
"I like you" Steve said.
"I like you too"
They kissed again.
"Come with me"
"Where?" Steve asked.
"Anywhere"
Steve didn't say anything. He just packed a bag, held eddies hand and ran down stairs.
"They didn't know where they were going, but they didn't care. As long as they were together, nothing else mattered.

Ok this is officially my favourite one. I hope you love it too. Xx